Friday, March 04, 2016

Shelby bisou 2.0-ish

I want to grow a flower for every time someone tells me “F*** you.” 
Then I’ll go back to that person and pin the flower on their lapel in a gesture of friendship. 
And while they are looking down on it in astonishment, I’ll bunch up my knuckles and punch them in the face.
... Jarod Kintz ...


Welcome to a changed-ish blog.

So what made me pick this blog up and dust inches of virtual dust off its cover after so long? The desire to take control and curate my life. Recently I detached myself from a friend. Someone who I enjoyed the company of or at least used to. When I ponder over my desire to disengage, I wonder if the haste is heightened by the voluminous amount of hormones (N.B. I was on IVF treatment at the time and I was informed that the dosage I was on was much steeper than the median value) running like wild natives in my system. Perhaps. Or perhaps she was a tad too mean for my tolerance. Social interactions are so tricky. They can be like roses in full bloom one moment and stinking wilts another. I am not without fault. As my parental units have always reminded me, I have a tendency to quarrel with people that I get too close with despite my conscious decision not to. It's the demon that follows me everywhere I go I suppose *sigh.

The impulse to curate my friend list tipped over the edge of the rim into... well, here.

Updated the header sign, tweaked with the layout a little, messed with the html abit (still ridiculously helpless when it comes to coding) and most evidently changed the blog address from shelbybaby to shelbybisou. Much to my surprise I didn't hesitate switching despite realising I would lose all link referencing whatnots. It was just time for the blog to grow up a little. If you have been following my blog, I do hope somehow (with the aid of the almighty Instagram) that you will be able to make your way here.

Most of all, I hope the change gives you more of a reason to stay.

Say hi if you're here :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...