Monday, June 01, 2015

chanel perfect duo travel essential to all gateways

Boarding Chanel now ✈️ 

When someone invites you on a makeup playdate, you don't say no :) Besides I was due for a lunch catchup with Romana and Paris B so it was good to kill two birds with a Coco stone. Heh.





What I thoroughly enjoyed about this experience is the no-strings-attached approach to allow you to discover Chanel products in general (focusing on their summer collection of course) while picking up tips on on-the-go make-up. I felt liberated to try everything... like a tween in Dylan's Candy Shop! As I didn't know where to even begin, the makeover proved to be a good starting base. You probably know that my makeup is usually borderline drama with bold eye lines and full on lips so for a change I requested Wilton for an everyday neutral look. The experience was further enhanced with jovial chatting with Romana and Paris B especially listening in on the two of them exchanging strong opinions about blush and bronzers.


Image credit: My Makeup Organizer

Nothing beats makeup mongering with these lasses @parisbmws (beauty blogger maven with astute insights to makeup & skincare) and @mymakeuporganizer (genuine lover of everything makeup with tempting images on her ig account).

Image credit: Parisbmws

In keeping with the getaway (or gateway?) theme, the products Wilton selected for me was pretty time-friendly. He started out with skincare and moving on to a BB-cream like foundation fluid which did just as it said: gave me a glow, that he applied with a brush. He then scraped the blush of the stick and tapped it over my cheeks and I admit looked very natural. He then applied the eyeshadow stick within my eyelid and line the waterline of my upper lid. Bizarrely that opened up my eyes quite abit. He then proceeded to tidy up my brows and put some mascara over my lashes, not before curling them though. He also applied mascara to my lower lashes. The lips were slightly glossy for the summer. It was a blush coral shade which would not have been something I would have selected on a regular basis but could be something I could consider acclimatising to. He finished off by dusting my face with a Healthy Glow highlighter palette. I was told this was selling quite well and is a common favourite amongst Chanel beauty fans.





To achieve the look:

Skincare:
Eau Doucher Face / Eyes Cleansing Water
Hydra Beauty Lotion
Hydra Beauty Gel Cream

Foundation:
Les Beiges Glow Cream in No 20 (SPF 30)

Eyes:
Stylo Eyeshadow Fresh Effect Eyeshadow in 147 Caroube
Wilton also combed my brow and shade it with a brow pencil
He lined the waterline of my upperlid (which was an alien technique to me but Paris B swears by it)
And he finished off my lashes (both upper and lower) with mascara

Cheek:
Les Beiges Healthy Glow Blush in No 21 Blush Belle Mine

Lips:
Rouge Coco Shine in 497 Intrepide

Final highlight:
Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multicolour in No 01 Mariniere (SPF 15)

What I really like:
Les Beiges Glow Cream in No 20 (SPF 30)
Les Beiges Healthy Glow Blush in No 21 Blush Belle Mine
Stylo Eyeshadow Fresh Effect Eyeshadow in 147 Caroube


Top: Cos
Necklace: Tiffany & Co


The verdict: At the end of the day as I was sitting at my regular tea cafe with a couple of girlfriends, one of the bosses came up to our table to say hi and paid a special compliment on yours truly saying that I looked really (if not exceptionally) pretty that night. He probably says it to all his customers but I appreciated the initiative gesture. There you have it a man's take on the Chanel makeover. That's surely worth some weight *wink*


Coco et moi.


To discover a perfect duo to all gateways.. be it a relaxing journey to revive a healthy glow or a quick weekend to refresh the complexion, drop by the Chanel counter at Ground Floor of Parkson Pavilion.

Happening until 7th June 2015, get your boarding pass and further info from instagram: @mymakeuporganizer (check her older posts, you can collect the passes from her Modalu bag counter in Parkson Pavilion)
Call 03-21415371 to make an appointment for a makeover
Refreshments served 2-4pm / 6-8pm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...