Friday, January 16, 2015

fig, vanilla bean and cardamom infused vodka


I stumbled upon Tasty Yummies infused vodka recipe while searching on Pinterest for ideas to put my spare cardamom pods to good use and have always kept it on the back burner (aka an open safari window on the iPhone) until today. Because today I found FIGS! At Village Grocer, Bangsar Village. It's so exhilarating to find that one rare (in Malaysia fresh figs are almost unheard of) key ingredient to that recipe you're itching to try. I'm sure you share my thrill :) Continue after the jump...



In the middle of the day I took a break to put the ingredients together. It was absolute joy putting this together. I admit, infusing is so addictive.


Tasty Yummies: Fig, Vanilla Bean and Cardamom Infused Vodka (Gluten-free, Vegan & Sugar-free)

- 1 liter bottle of vodka
- 1 lb of fresh organic figs, stems removed and cut into quarters
- 2 organic vanilla beans, split
- 1-2 tablespoons dried cardamom pods

You’ll need two 1 quart jars, a large pitcher, 1 liter bottle, etc.

Add all of the ingredients to a glass jar, pitcher or bottle. Let sit in the fridge for at least 1 week. Strain out the figs, vanilla beans, cardamom pods, etc and add back to the jar or bottle. Enjoy as is on the rocks or in cocktails!

I used 1 pint Ball Mason jar, 1 fig, 1 vanilla bean and 1 tbsp cardamom.



Beth has even included 2 delectable cocktail recipes (images above source: Tasty Yummies) which sounds too simple to be true. I can't wait to put them through the taste test once my batch completes the curing period.


Do you have a favourite infused vodka recipe?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...