Saturday, January 10, 2015

hold up, a couple of makeup beauty tips s'il vous plait

If you see me alot you will realize that my make-up is pretty much the simple few á la Taylor Swift. That eyeliner couple with a hint of blush and a statement lip shade. Occasionally I tweak the flicks and go nude on the lipstick just to give my look an edge. 


I've always been very curious about smokey-eyes but have always been abysmal at it. To compensate my #fail ability to smudge, I create drama with an eyeline-ah! I like to use Alexa Chung Lash Enhancing Eye Do Eyeliner by Eyeko. The precision tip pleases me and it stays put even through sad Youtube shorts (films)


Eyeko's Alexa Chung Lash Enhancing Eye Do Eyeliner

I absolutely love a light blush on the apple of my cheeks. Tarte Flush Cheek Stain makes the entire application foolproof. All I do is dot them on my cheeks and blend them in with my fingers or, if I have time to spare, with a brush. Occasionally when I get too overzealous which happens when I'm running late / in bad lighting / blinded by a crummy old contact lens, I simply mellow down the colour with some loose powder.

Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush

Personally I always feel the true arsenal of a good make-up regime is finding the PERFECT foundation. In my years, well not entirely true.. it was last year really that I've learnt to go down a shade after relaying my problem of looking too washed out in night pictures to a make-up girl. It was such a difficult reality to face but I have slowly come to terms that an English Rose complexion could (sorta still) be achieved with that brown looking foundation. Also one should never use SPF foundation at night when expecting flash photography. I'm very intrigued by Sephora's 8hr Wear Perfect Cover Concealer. I like that it stays on well and helps disguise those pesky freckles. Ah aging and pigmentation.. them best friends that I loathe. Fortunate for us there's always foundation!
Sephora's 8hr Wear Perfect Cover Concealer


No edit. No filter.

So this is how I take my look from day into night. Did you know that Sephora is now available online at Zalora? It is now so simple to get the products I mentioned above. Zalora offers a wide range of local/international brands when it comes to make-up so go brow-se your head off!

Oh and don't forget to sign up to their newsletter to get RM20 off your purchase!



[This is a collaboration post with Zalora. The content of this post is mine and I thank you for supporting sponsors/companies that choose to work with 'Shelby bisou & all things froufrou']

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...