Thursday, January 30, 2014

sanrio hello kitty town at puteri harbour johor

These days just about 2 things that can get me excited: Hello Kitty and money!

I wonder why it took me such a long time to visit Hello Kitty Town when Hello Kitty themed places used to be THE reason why I would go on holidays (throwback Tokyo and Taipei). Perhaps I've grown up 0_0 (*shrieks* Nooooo!). Dddy had a night function at his gentlemen's fraternity that required all of us family members to be present in Johor Bahru and I decided I would take advantage of my presence in Johor to visit Hello Kitty Town. It was approximately an hour's drive from JB at the newly developed Puteri Harbour and very quiet when we arrived.


Such love to be welcomed by something familiar.



I paid RM55/adult (with MyKad) for my one way ticket to the moon. Ticket pricing available here.

I enjoyed the animated decor though I felt there could have been more. I suppose RM55 can't promise you much these days.







The teacup ride was very small and brief for gargantuan me but it probably was the best bit of Hello Kitty Town. OK-lah I know it's for children but they oughta have made it fit for children of ALL ages, non?

Tea, Hello Kitty or me?



The first interactive Hello Kitty experience started at Wishful Studio. Oh hello Marron Cream *waves*

It was a cookie painting session. Umm yah. I tried to make the best of it.

Perhaps coloured icing / cream would have been a more appropriate painting agent in comparison to jam that left the cookie all wet and soggy in the end.

Did I do a good job?

Next up was a keychain making session using iron-on beads. Hey umm this doesn't look like an original Sanrio kit. Also the lack in variety was abit of a snore.

It started to get tedious so Guy and I decided to compete to see who would finish first!


Naturally I won.

Guy waiting to get our 'sculpture' ironed out.



Voila. We turned them into keychains.

Why hello Charmy Kitty.



Now this was probably the worst of the lot. Giving yourself a manicure with generic nail polish and embellishment. This disappointed me the most as an avid Hello Kitty fan. Probably should have had a resident manicurist perform the manicure to make up for the lack in original Sanrio products. 



The dryer wasn't working. Le sigh. 

Tank Top: TumbleKnots
Leggings: Cotton On
Bag: Givenchy Pandora
Flip-flops: Havaianas

We chilled abit at Kitty's House. I can tell it was not designed by a Hello kitty fan.


Playing house is always fun.

The better part of the house was her wardrobe.


Err.. things Guy has to put up with (FYI I was not thaaat cruel, just that their manly badzmaru outfit was in the wash! Apa boleh buat..?) being married to me. 

This was pretty much the highlight of the trip. This part I LOVED.

It ended well at Black Wonder. Basically it was a mystery puzzle game to save Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel after being kidnapped by Kuromi. I have to say that was cheerful and required a little brain juice.











Yeayyy I passed and got a certificate! Mystery solved! Sherlock ain't got nothin' on me :D

If anything the gift shop always says alot about the establishment. It was OK-lah.

Why hello Tuxedo Sam!

I really liked the Hello Kitty bow hairclip and I regret not buying it. I also did not get a souvenir photo though I did want to get the personalized stamps but those were not available.

You know the look in gets when he finds an acorn. That look was plastered all over my face! I have been coveting and searching FURIOUSLY for a Hello Kitty manekineko for ages and my lifelong search ended that day. So the trip did end on a gleeful note after all.

Oh and my ticket was valid for a free beverage at Lat's Place. For those who don't know Lat is a Malaysian illustrator and comic artist with several well-received published books. His cartoons usually depict the old kampung life which brings back alot of good nostalgic memories to cheeky baby boomers.


That's Lat as a boy and trust me he still looks it at his current age lol.

All in all, you would find reasons to like Hello Kitty Town if you're a fan (but should you not be, you may find this quite mediocre).


Sanrio Hello Kitty Town
Persiaran Puteri Selatan, Puteri Harbour
79000 Nusajaya
Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia
Tel: 1300 88 FAMILY (326459) 
Email: ph.enquiries@tar.com.my
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 10:00-18:00


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...