Monday, June 10, 2013

summer in paris: les cocottes + mama shelter + laduree + merci + le bon marche + premier pression provence

We usually take the 0700 or 0800 trains to Paris 'cos it's a more taiii (worth it). You arrive around 11am and by the time you have lunch and figure the Metro out it's check-in time! 

I always look forward to reading Eurostar's Metropolitain Magazine. On the cover that month is the fascinating Audrey Tautou.

I've been reading so many raving reviews about the three restaurants owned by Chef Constant, former chef of Ritz and Crillon, conveniently located just beside each other on Rue Saint-Dominique. Given that we're on a less-than-modest budget, I ajak-ed Mmmy to have lunch at Les Cocottes (the most affordable of the lot).

Hands down the best lunch I've had in Paris by far!

Thing about Paris eats is that the portion is seriously small. Miniscule. Still every morsel was heavenly and I occupied the remaining vast space in my stomach pouch with bread. Heh.

We had:
1. Entree of the day (forgot the name-lah sorry)
2. Ravioles de langoustines, mousseline d'artichauts / Langoustine ravioli with artichoke mousseline  (us Chinese would call it the signature dish! It's so good!)
3. Raspberry mousse?


Les Cocottes
135, rue Saint-Dominique
75007 Paris


I decided to stay in a critic's choice accommodation this time around but little did I know getting to Mama Shelter was such a b*tch and worse is we took the longer route! The alternative route was further but had bus services albeit hourly. Still not the best place to stay in if your mum's going on 60 and the mode of transportation is feet. Otherwise it was very hip, clean with comfy sheets.


Nice touch for relatively affordable accommodation.


Love it that they have a wine cooler and the miniscule sink to rinse your glasses.

Le funky reception.


Mama Shelter
109 Rue de Bagnolet
75020 Paris
France
Tel: +33 (0)1 43 48 48 48


Sometimes while waiting for my stop, I stare into space and pretend I'm Parisienne with my 'pardon'-s and 'excusez moi'-s. Then I forget my stop and end up frantically referring to the tourist map *kuakuakua* A dream short-lived LOL! 

As we were walking along Champs Elysees we saw a queue forming in front of a large gate. Curious and kiasu, I made Mmmy queue with me in the rain. The doorway spelt Abercrombie & Fitch guarded by hunks.


























Love oh love.

















Shhh tell me.. which is your favourite?

Kindly select one. 



Oh Ispahan you beautiful beautiful work of art <3 eat="" i="" need="" p="" want="" you.="" you="">



75 Avenue des Champs-Élysées
75008 Paris
France
Tel: +33 1 40 75 08 75


Sephora on a psychedelic high! 

Jumbo eau de parfum the size of my head!


Sephora
70-72 Avenue des Champs-Élysées
75008 Paris
France
Tel: +33 1 53 93 22 50






Hipster much?

I know this has made many blogger's shortlist of favourite place in Paris and I couldn't agree more. The more I perused the shop, the more I fell in love with it. Chic, quirky yet avant garde. I hope one day they'd consider to stock Bisou BonBon :)





N.e.e.d
I absolutely regret not buying home a spoon or a spork for that matter. Beautiful enamel utensils are so hard to come by.

I accidentally deleted the video of this porcelain maneki neko musical pinball instrument. It was such a delight.

Oui. Bien sur. One day I'll have you.



Merci
111 Boulevard Beaumarchais
75003 Paris
France
Tel: +33 1 42 77 00 33


Bon Marché


One word: divine!

The reason I went to Le Bon Marché was to check Rose Bakery out. I love it! The cakes were miammiam and the ambience was exquisite thanks to the natural light streaming through the lengthy windows and minimalist decor. Everything looked so good but I highly recommend any one of the cake loaves. If I lived in Paris, I'd meet up with friends for tea here everyday!




Le Bon Marché
24 Rue de Sèvres
75007 Paris
France
Tel: +33 1 44 39 80 00








It was such a tricky find as the shop was somewhat off the beaten path of the map. I've been wanting to visit this shop. This is such a wonderful shop which stocks a great selection of quality fair-trade Provencal olive oil: fruity and . You even get to taste the oil, attempting to appreciate the difference between vert, mûr and noir.. we weren't quite as adventurous 'cos it became abit muak for us to go through spoons and spoons of oil. My favourite was the garlic and truffle infused ones. I also bought 'designer farm' olive oils to experiment on Bisou BonBon products.





New favourite little shop: Premier Pression Provence

Premier Pression Provence (Odeon)
8 Cour du Commerce Saint André
Paris


Au revoir Paris .. till we meet again. You will always be in my <3 p="">


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...