Monday, April 16, 2012

the big bang birthday! la gomera + acme + bistro a table

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

... Lesley Gore ...


Love my birthday week! LOVE LOVE LOVE :)

It was an organized-birthday-dinner-turned-surprise-celebration over at La Gomera. I had initially purchased some GroupOn vouchers to belanja my new crafting friends in lieu of my birthday. Little did I know Miss MeiMei and Miss BongBong (later joined by Ah Nicho) went trawling around town fetching stuff to decor the place up! Now you know how I just love a decorated party :D 


Guess the theme??

It was so nice to be with friends that day. Everyone closed shop / left work early to come to dinner. So awesome :)

L-R: Miss Kain of Fabric Fanatics, Miss Badges of iHeartBadges, Miss Bangle of Soak Republic

L-R: Miss JennJenn of EmoEgo, Ah Nichol of Moo Clay, Miss Kain

L-R: Miss Buih of Bubble Lab, Ah Lix

L-R: Ah Keit, Miss Buku of NotbookNotbuk

I'm so old that I need 3 people to light up all my candles LOL!

You can't really see but they're sparkling candles (yup like THAT birthday) on a Rui Patisserie cake. So yum!



La Gomera
Block E-LG-1 & 2
NEO Damansara
Jalan PJU 8/1
Bandar Damansara Perdana
47820 Petaling Jaya
Selangor

Tel: +603 7710 0262



Then it was birthday brunch with the parental units. Guy was outstation. Boo. Still I was keen to have a nice brunch with them both. It was a lovely late morning and all I could think of was.. man this is good weather for:


Acme Bar & Coffee @ Troika!

Oh goodness this is such an exciting place. Something about it screams Dick Tracy, non? So New York in the 30s. I could just imagine a sophisticated lady rushing in from the rain in her Burberry trench seating herself afew tables away from me and settling into the warmth as she await her lover to join her table. Very matured but classy ambience. The parentals like it too though Mmmy thinks it's a little too sunny for her liking.


Weekend brunches are best enjoyed with a gadget in hand.

The mushroom soup was sublime.

Le cocktail before noon? But of course! Yeayy to the existence of Mojitos!

Baked eggs: good. Hebi aglia olio pasta thing... not so...

Damn my hair is f*cked. My poor tresses.. I've put it through way to much. It sucks to have sh*tty hair on my birthday. Other than that, nice day out :)

Dress: Dorothy Perkins


Acme Bar + Coffee
Unit G1 The Troika
19 Persiaran KLCC
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
Tel: +603 2162 2288


And the gastronomical indulgence doesn't end yet. I was very fortunate to have Miss ChongChong buy me my ultimate happy food: French :) I picked out cosy Bistro á Table as I've always been curious about the chic little corner shop in a nondescript part of Section 17. I would suggest making reservations 'cos the place does get pretty packed (given the small area) and given that French cuisine can be pretty elaborate you will be waiting quite awhile. I'm sorry but I won't leave my table just because you didn't make a reservation. Miss ChongCHong insisted I brought Guy along which was very sweet of her.


Suspended lightbulbs and orchid plants gives the space such a demure quality. Understated chic. Also if your party is of 4 pax and below you get a somewhat 'private' table enclosed by peekaboo organza curtains. Sexy!

Maple Syrup Coddled Egg with Fleur de Sel and Crouton Dust. SO GOOD!

Sorry peeps I forgot what this is. It's scallop and lobster cannelloni I think 0_0

This is Guy's. I forget too. It's a duck dish. 

:) 

Brassiere: H&M
Dress: Dorothy Perkins

A member of my urban family. We have indeed come a long way since high school.


The food is mind blowing and most of all the dining experience there was excellént! The intimacy was very comforting and it's not snooty at all.. in fact it's cosy. A cosy French restaurant. That's almost paradise I tell you. Yea it's hefty-lah but worth the savings. I've heard that her degustation dinners are WILD and must-do for culinary daredevils out there! G*d I love her coddled eggs.


Chef Isadora, upon special request from Miss ChongChong, wished me caramel kisses. She is so sweet and friendly. The pomelo pavlova is L.O.V.E!

This is Chef Isadora the uber talented and gorgeous owner / chef of Bistro a Table. What gorgeous hair!


Bistro á Table
6 Jalan 17/54
46400 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Tel: +603 7931 2831


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...