Sunday, November 20, 2011

welcome to my turf

It's been a hectic 'summer' for us at the Kho & Chew residences. We had mat sallehs over almost every week! It's a wee bit tiring having to juggle work and tour guide duties but it makes me smile to know that people wanna come to Malaysia. It's a small part to play in the tourism industry but I take pride in it. I do believe they had a good time and that's just an awesome feeling. What's with us Malaysians? We just bloody love being freakin' great hosts! It's, like, we can't stand to be shitty to our guests. Seriously. 

So our first guest was Ah Jen. He's Sophiekins long-time English friend and he works as a pharmacist in Manchester. We did the usual 'run' with him and I made it my mission to take as many makan pictures of him as I could wahahaha!! Fun :)

Turns out Ah Jen hates raw food so Sophiekins and I polished the oysters off. He made do with the fried la-la and prawns.

Unique Seafood Restaurant
Lot 9B-3 Jalan Kemajuan
Section 13
46200 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Tel: +603-7960 2088 / 7960 2066


This is Dddy's secret makan place in Jalan Peel. I'm not allowed to feature this eatery so as not to clog up the stall making it even more of a challenge (than it already it!) to get a table. Their  bbq pork and trotter is to-die-for and you can see Ah Jen polishing off the remains :D 

This is my secret makan place in Jalan Imbi. Super sorry no feature. I have a hard time getting a table as it is. It's my comfort food this chicken kueyteow thing... it's the first place Dddy would bring me the moment I touchdown KL (back in the Indon days). Ah Jen was like, "WHOAH sedappp..!"

We forgot that there's no fusion pastry in the UK and was pleasantly amused that Ah Jen was in lurrrve with the baked goodies Ficelle had to offer. Did you ever think you could find a wee bit of Francais in Taman Desa?? If it wasn't for the heat it would've passed off as a tea session in boulangerie. Do try their Earl Grey Iced Tea and Caramel Brioche. 

Ficelle Boulangerie & Patisserie
11-0-12, Jalan 3/109F 
Danau Business Center
Taman Danau Desa 
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-79830211
Mon-Sun: 0800-2100 




We brought him to Dddy's newest discovery and Mmmy's newest favourite: coconut jelly!!  

Coconut Grove
Oasis Business Centre
PJU 6, Bandar Utama


Detour before heading home. Came to say hello to 'all the king's horses and all king's men'. 

This was No.1 on his KL-to-do list. They should give me a VIP card, I've brought everyone here! 




Kenko Fish Spa
Level 5
Pavilion
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur


Obviously, one cannot leave KL without at least trying out Malaysian Chinese's big breakfast: bak kut teh! I love love love this place. And Mmmy would never let me order their fish head curry unless we go in a crowd of > 5 pax. Totally took advantage of the fact we had a company of 6!

Chiew Sang Bak Kut Teh
15, Jalan SS 3/37
Taman Universiti
47300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Mon – Sun: 07:30 - 14:00 
Sat – Sun 18:00 – 21:00

Twas Miss PauPau's birthday and we met up for dinner at Chinatown. Afew friends and her  were down in KL for abit before leaving to Dabong. I'm Malaysian and I don't even know where Dabong was.. erk! *shy*

Brought her some delicious Wondermilk cuppacakes. Make a wish babydoll!

We were such a massive crowd! 11 of us all cramped in an 8-person's table. But it was pretty exciting dining elbow-to-elbow... meriah :D

Ah Tho said he loved the fact that we Malaysians always try to dine together. It's comforting. He had been having his meals alone for 4 days 'till today and he really welcomes the company! 

They were also really glad to not be eating tourist food! Dddy treated them to Chinatown's uber famous claypot lou shee fun + siew yoke meen. Come post-clubbing mornings, you can never get a table!

Seng Kee @ Petaling Street
52, Jalan Sultan
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 2072 5950


Ah Jen went trawling around Petaling Street for knock-offs and found some gems for people back home! I have to say the Links of London leather wristlet replica is enticing  :P

Then Ah No came over and we brought him to the usual Jalan Peel secret makan place.  This was his first time eating chicken feet  :D  Of course yours truly had to show him how(!!): place chicken toe (or claw or whateva) into mouth.. use tongue to separate skin and bones.. spit bones + joints out *ptuiii*.. enjoy the 'fruits of harvest'!

There was a cicak on the pillar next to Ah No. I was majorly grossed out  but Ah No was so enthusiastic about it, he grabbed his camera and started shooting away. Aiii angmoh angmoh. They're so into geckos. I pulak *nausea*

Ah No asked us what type of fish this was. We all paused and stared at each other. *crickets chirping*  :D    

This was taken just before the horse turned around and  planted a wet smacker on my right cheek which  the rest found hilarious. I'm, like, WTF??!

Cuppcake break (again!) at where else but Wondermilk!

Jumpsuit: Dorothy Perkins
Headband: Sereni & Shentel

We were in SS2 for Pipit Zakka Store and just as we were heading back I saw a lorry selling mangosteen and bought us some. Explained to him that Queen Elizabeth actually deemed it the 'Queen of fruits'. Oh and heads up y'all: mangosteen's the new SUPERFOOD! 

Then we walked across the road to Lim's Tofufa minivan and I let him try a bowl of taufoofa   :)
Ah No was up for a seafood dinner appointment with a friend in Klang. We couldn't let him leave without a mamak session at Kayu! 


I love Kayu-lah 'cos they always kasi my guests chance to get up close and personal with the rotis.  Even the roti-maker has a pose!


Original Kayu Nasi Kandar
1, Jalan PJU 5/12 
Dataran Sunway
Kota Damansara
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: +603-6141 8771




I've never been to Port Klang before. It's charming. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...