Tuesday, September 27, 2011

foxy foxy boom boom: gallo by thian a/w 2011

It's been awhile hasn't it?

Been so terribly busy running around balancing work on one hand, business on the other, family on my head and friends on my left foot leaving me with my poor right one to hobble to the store! Can you imagine that I'm so darn busy I haven't physically (online and crafts not counted!) shopped for 3 months?? It's not just insane.. it's ABSURDLY insane! In fact this is my first post on Blogger's new interface. How outdated am I?? And I have to say I'm quite liking it! Pretty friendly for html-bozos like moi. Have you seen my sorta new hair? Decided to chop 4 inches off to rid myself of crispy ends and to give the balding forehead hairline abit of a rest from all the traction. It looks decent when it's all nicely styled but looks like a clumpy old mop on usual days. Oh well.

Anyhooters, hair-horrors aside..


I was invited to Gallo's Autumn / Winter 2011 collection 
FASHION SHOW!

Turns out when I RSVP-ed that week, I was not actually supposed to be invited (something along the lines of me not being a member although I have purchased a couple of Gallo stuff before and the fact that *sigh* as much as I hate to admit it.. I am JUST a C-list blogger *bleh*) but they had to let me through due to their technical error. Yeayyy to technical errors!! And yeayyy to fashion shows!!



Jumpsuit: Dorothy Perkins
Earrings: Lanvin ♥ H&M


I wanted to wear my Gallo dress as an homage to Theresa Thian but I've gotten FAT these few months and just couldn't zip it up for the life of me! So I wore my jumpsuit instead... jumpsuits are absolute lifesavers if you can find proper ones. They can dress you up in a *snap* The only f*cked up part about them is that visiting the loo can be the most laborious task.


I bought Miss KosKos along 'cos we're fashion fanatics. Upon registration we were given LED badges that lit up and blinked like the milky way (as with the theme). It made me feel like such a STAR! That was a really nice touch Gallo  :)


Doorgift bags piled out in the front. Makes me feel like hurling myself onto them and taking them all home!



Joyce was the MC and how rightly. I personally feel that she seriously put Gallo on the map. The theme was something along the lines of fox.. wintertime.. and the galaxy. As opposed to A/W 2010 of which the colour palatte was plum, moss and greys, this year it's all about coral, forest green and sparkles! Hair and make-up was splendid. There were white faux foxes on stage... not sure if they were stuffed or just mannequins but those were pretty cool. Unfortunately my compact camera failed me in taking awesome hands down shots. Everything was a blur with pixelated edges and I couldn't zoom in well either. Sigh. Time for a camera change?? Perhaps perhaps perhaps... Any suggestions?

Super in love with the foxy tail some of the models had on! I'm always on the look out for a giant faux fox tail clip on... ever since Vuitton S/S 2010! 

My favourite model is that elegant beauty second from the left. She had such a fierce strut and her expression was damn chun-lah. Me likes!!

I sound like such a geek huh? Can't help it  'cos I'm just so darn THRILLED to be there! Hehe..  :D
The girl behind those luscious chiffon blouses and whimsical flirty dresses: Theresa Thian! She's just as demure as her creations.  Read about Theresa here.


Didn't win the lucky draw despite my smashing entry  :(






And the best thing about fashion shows (apart from getting a heads up on what's gonna hit the shop *cue shopping list!*, free goodies, people watching, yummy Kilkenny beer, getting your shots taken on the almost-red carpet, being in company of fashionistas and feeling like a STAR) is making new friends! Holla Miss LanieLanie of HOT magazine :)  Flipping through the magazine pages in Miss ChongChong's toilet will never be the same again..


Gallo by Thian is available at:


The Gardens
F202, 1st Floor, The Gardens, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: + (603) 2283 1927

Bangsar Shopping Centre
S125, 2nd Floor, Bangsar Shopping Centre,
No. 285, Jalan Maarof, Bukit Bandaraya,
59000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: + (603) 2096 1927

Parkson, Pavilion
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur

1 comment:

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet shebly, im loving your very cute bangs! :) The fashion show looks like such fun!! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...