Thursday, May 12, 2011

pocc bff pink party

Ever since POCC's BFF Get-together and launch and becoming a Blogger Ambassador I had been waiting in anticipation for the PINK Party! What delighted me even more was when I was invited to participate in their Fashion Walk with the other ambassadors. It's probably gonna be my first and last opportunity to be a model so I did not even blink an eye of hesitation. I IMMEDIATELY SAID YES! It's not everyday that a FATTY like me would be invited to do strut down the catwalk.

(conversation)
moi: Guess what Dddy??
Dddy: What?
moi: I was invited to do be a runway model! *chirpy*
Dddy: *LOL for what seems like the longest time*
Dddy: *clearing throat* Do they know you're FAT?

moi: Yes-lah! I already told them.. cheh!
Dddy: Just checking..
moi: :P

Totally UNFUNNY..!

As I drove over to Zouk for rehearsal in the afternoon I tried to recall every single pointer Miss J had ever uttered on ANTM. But then again a fierce walk isn't altogether that important if you compare it to FALLING D O W N..!! Now that's a cause for worry :I


Hair and make-up by Anna Sui. The make-up artist tried to tone down my chubby cheeks by piling on the shading. Don't think so it was of much help... I ended up looking like a really tanned char-siew pau :P


Chaos behind-the-scenes.




Lots and lots of make-up on the table and on my face!


The beyoootiful Blogger Ambassadors back stage: Miss Cindy of Cin City, moi of Shelbybaby *bisou*, Miss Traclyn of La Vogue Femme, Miss Sara of Fashion Online and Miss Sue Lynn of Bangsar Babe.


Miss Cindy and Miss Sue Lynn and moi are wearing Mell Basics and Nose Shoes while Miss Sara and Miss Traclyn are wearing Reebok.

I told Miss Genevieve, also a POCC Ambassador, that I am in absolute awe of her sheer determination in the battle against cervical cancer. As a medical personnel it joys me to see someone come victorious out of this seemingly laborious war. She then proceeded to give me runway tips and how to hold my bag :D As I watched her strut on stage I took like a gazillion mental notes!

"She found out she had cer­vical cancer when she went for her annual pap smear two years ago at the age of 35. Sambhi did not drink or smoke and led a healthy lifestyle but as she aptly put it, 'cancer does not discrimi­nate'."

Hah. What have I told y'all time and time again (like *here*) about getting your pap smears??


These hot mamas were the act after us. They were gonna do the margherita! How is it that I have a 40 year-old body and the 40 year-old mine??


Wahlau suddenly it's my turn *gulp* 'cos they're calling my name and reading my brief biodata and everyone's LOOKING AT ME and TAKING FREAKING PICTURES!! I was terrified at first but when the moment rolled in all I thought was, "So this is what the fuss is all about. Hours of make-up and hair, then waiting and more waiting and even more waiting and then BOOM sashay sashay chante finish!" FUNNNN!! :)


At this exact moment I took a mental picture of us, well ME really, on stage and stored it well in my memory treasure chest 'cos this my dearies may NOT happen again. I'm no Beth Ditto and I'm not friends with Jean Paul so this is the closest I'll ever get to Paris Fashion Week.


Just before I left I bid goodbye to the 2 pillars of POCC: Dr Saun and Miss Genevieve.

Dress: Zara

The girls came to offer support!


I'm ecstatic that we're all dressed in pink!!


(Anyone got a physical copy?? I've been searching and high and low but to no avail..)


To celebrate my catwalk debut I'm giving away the Nose strappy wedges I wore down the runway (that they let me keep.. thanks so much Nose!!).
It's hardly scuffed and still smells of new leather.
Also it's worth RM75.90!!
This is a size 6 / EUR37.


Follow this blog *click here* and be the first to email me at khoshelby@yahoo.com with the header:
I have POWER Over Cervical Cancer!
and I'll ship it right over to you!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...