Wednesday, April 20, 2011

a belated birthday afternoon, cute shop: eco oasis + poco homemade + pipit zakka store

I was away on a medical seminar at Thistle Hotel, Port Dickson. It can get lethargic going through work 5 days a week followed by yet more talks of work through the weekend. So it doesn't take a genius that come Sunday afternoon (when the seminar FINALLY ends) that I give myself a treat to a fun birthday afternoon. Guy was away so I went gallavanting painting the town pink!

First stop was Eco Oasis, this new organic cafe in town. Well perhaps it's not that NEW new but I've only just heard of it so it's new to me.

I thought I'd give my body a break for once and feed it something really wholesome!

Everything on the menu seem to spell health! *gulp*

You must have a green smoothie when you're there. I had the Manana. I still chuckle to myself when I say it out loud.

I've always heard of quinoa being the next best superfood on earth and how the Mayans adore it and so forth. Thought I'd give that a try. It tastes like miniscule taugehs but odd nonetheless. Making it as a mango salad makes it much more interesting and yummy!

Eco Oasis
7, Jalan Riong (off Jalan Maarof)
Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2284 2393



I'm head over heels with Poco Homemade, a shabby chic cafe that boasts home quality Jap food and zakka personality!

Don't you love tiffany blue against a white-washed door and window panes?? Oh and ferns. Oh and antique lamps.

Lots of handmade creations to be bought and loved. Such a nice touch to a quirky cafe!




This is quite a winner.. their tofu cheesecake!


Another delicious pair: molten chocolate lave with vanilla ice-cream. It's really, really lava-ish in the middle.

I called something along the lines of Cinderella and was pleasantly surprised.. it was lovelier that I imagined!

How cute is the receipt?? You can't help but be delighted to pay!

Poco Homemade
1, Lorong Kurau, Bangsar
59100 Kuala Lumpur


Last but not least I decided to pop by Pipit Zakka Store to have abit of a browse. I have wanted to visit for awhile now but I'm always a little too early or a little too late. This time I made sure the time was just right!

Pipit Zakka store houses works of the local creative and zakka community. You can find everything from photographs to accessories to dolls etc... It's just such a breath of fresh air to be in the company of goodies that have been handmade with love and not mass-produced in a lifeless factory!






Bought a Hello Kitty Lullatone CD. Met the owners: Mike & Ivery. They're such dearies! Mike gave me a complimentary old-school lollipop. I look a mess from travel *bleh!* :P

For those who know not what zakka is...


*giggle*

N.B. *bisou* bonbon will be available at the Pipit Zakka Store in the month of SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER 2011!! We can't wait... :)


Pipit Zakka Store (double-storey house opposite Poh Kong jeweller)
18, Jalan SS2/55,47300
Petaling Jaya
Selangor

Business Hour:
Wed- Fri ~12pm-8pm
Sat & Sun ~ 12pm-6pm
Mon, Tue & Public Holiday ~ Closed



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...