Wednesday, March 16, 2011

miss koskos's pre-29 b'day!

It's always such a struggle to meet up with your mates especially if they're doctors. Schedules always clash and it's no surprise when something crops up and ruins plans. So it was a real treat when we somehow managed to keep our itinerary rock solid sans glitches for Miss KosKos' pre-birthday bash :)

Miss KosKos' favourite city in the world is Paris (been collecting 'fave city' data from my friends recently) so I pulled some things together, quite effortlessly I must add owing to my ongoing efforts of attempting to be a faux Parisian, and threw her a Parisian Tea Party! C'est bonne??








A Parisian Tea Party by *bisou* rose Decor! Tres belle :$

We rented a junior suite at Hotel Maya and set up an indoor picnic overlooking the city (school and cemetery actually... I forgot to ask for a non-morbid view).


Festive balloon from Party World.
Her favourite colour is purple but purple roses cost a bomb so I tweaked the palate abit, opting for local peach and fuschia-tip lipstick roses.


Cake stand and Eiffel Tower are stylist's own. Sparklers from Gurney Drive, Penang (available during CNY). Unlit as the lighter failed us. Tip: Always check your lighter before packing especially if the occasion pending is a birthday!

Teacups rimmed with ♥ from Daiso.
Sereni & Shentel surprise (pun intended) and a Marc Jacobs canvas shopper for the birthday girl ;)


Macaroons from Nathalie's Gourmet Studio.



We surprised her with rosepetal confetti :party


*cue Edith Piaf*



We all got sleepover packs from Miss KosKos filled with all sorta goodies... yeayyy!!
I love Hotel Maya for being so freakin' close to KLCC. We had dinner at The Apartment.


I'm so lame. I always order chilli tomato clams. But it's so delish!


We spent the rest of the evening chillaxin' at the hydrotherapy pool.



We retired after scoffing down some canapes at the Sky Lounge.






Such a lovely sight at check-out. Even though the room furniture looked rather exhausted, I enjoyed the facilities and remarkable location. The hotel manager was a little obnoxious but the bellboy, Sri, balanced the scale in the hospitality department. He was very warm and helpful.




Miss KosKos' luncheon theme was SATC. I was Carrie and I wore a Topshop dress...



... also featured in SYTYCD! Cat Deeley wore it better but it doesn't run from the fact that the 'B*tch stole my look!'.

We had an elegant lunch at Harrods Tea Salon. I'm in love with their Fruit Punch :L





Charlotte, Miranda, Carrie and Carrie :D

Hotel Maya
138 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 2711 8866

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...