Friday, January 28, 2011

cute eats: nathalie's gourmet studio

Turns out it weren't just Nathalie's macaroons that were delish... but all that yummy French cuisine on her menu too!





I brought Mmmy for a nice brunch to catch up on girly gossips and tickle her tastebuds. Tricky thing about this place is their bar stool dining area which is highly uncomfy but I guess if it's hanging out you want, Pappa Rich is just downstairs. I was told bar stools are the rave nowadays to ensure you just do your business and get going. Indefinite parking of the behind is not welcome here. French thing? Maybe *shrug* I have to say though this place is for some serious snooty cuisine *wink* (call me brazen country lass but I believe that in such modern times we should not oblige to such segregation... up yours rich f*ckers, I can eat here too!). I walk pass hearty businessmen having afternoon wines to the outdoor lounge settees. The French maitre-d is charming as all Frenchmen are and comes armed with a bilingual mental dictionary ready to explain what every foreign word meant.



Her soups are spectacular! And I just love her cylindrical butter and oh-so-soft rolls.


You must must must try her sorbets!

I don't know of any other place in KL that serves Mariage Freres Tea. I believe it's the best tea on earth. Try their Vert Provence... it's like rolling down the hills of Provence in spring gathering flowers in your hair and grass in your brassiere. Everytime I drink this I feel like I've awoken.


This is why I love French dining... so much beauty in the chaos. A pot for this, a pitcher for that...

Nathalie's Gourmet Studio
Unit 4-1-5
Solaris Dutamas
Jalan Dutamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 62079572

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...