Monday, December 27, 2010

paris je'taime: laduree

The best part about Paris :)




This is my wonderland.


My sanctuary.


The latest craze: John Galliano macaroons. Tres fabuleux!



Yum!

I apologize for the quality of the pictures because the pastry counter is pretty dimly lit and they strictly didn’t allow for pictures to be taken. I did, though, manage to sneak afew for you cupcakes so feast your eyes on this dessert paradise!


A Laduree macaroon tower. Oh how I wish I could have had that for my wedding!




The queue here is endless. Even at 20:45 people are still lining up for macaroons!

Make sure you check what meal times they’re at ‘cos we thought we were there for dinner but turns out it was the tea menu. They only start prepping for dinner at around 8-ish.

I know they’re just paper placemats but they’re freakin’ Laduree placemats!! *gush* Me geek 8)


Had some Kir Royale (yum!) and bread to start. Love that they serve their cylinder butter wrapped in wax paper :D



I have an obsession to visit restaurant loos. I always feel that the character of a place not only revolves on their main dining hall decor but extends also to their restroom. If they paid attention to that, they’d most definitely pay attention to you as a guest.





Aaargh love the pink! The shade’s perfect :) So Marie Antoinette, non?







It’s so quaint upstairs. You can almost feel French bourgeois playing cards or reading a book as someone plays on the pianoforte.



The parentals had a duck confit salad.



I had a very fluffy omelette with chunky fries.




The star of the show is definitely Ispahan. It comprises of 2 macaroon shells housing fresh raspberries and ganache. The ‘morning dew’ is really caramelized sugar (... genius!). And I tell you it’s a bloody oral orgasm! The moment the crunch hits the peak of your molars and then the fresh raspberries squishes between the gums and the combination of flavours saturate your tongue... OMG OMG OMG... XO







Chocolate mice! *squeaks in delight* (pun anyone?)




I love them gargantuan macaroons. I love ‘em! I love ‘em!!



*swoon*








Laduree
75 Avenue des Champs Elysées
Paris 8ème
Tel: + 33 1 40 75 08 75

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...