Wednesday, April 14, 2010

happy un-birthday

It’s my birthday today.

I should be overjoyed. I’m not 30 yet. I’m getting married. I’m gonna have a place of my own. I’m working in KL. I’m within close proximity of family and friends. I’m 0.5kg lighter than 2 days before.

Yet I woke up with a cloud over my head in the darkest shade of grey you could ever imagine. I have no idea how come I am feeling so gloomy but I am. After a couple of teardrops landed on the pillowcase I decided to treat myself to a great big breakfast just to turn the mood around. My vivid imagination had set my salivary glands on fire! So into my car I hopped and I jetted towards Pink Sage.. Perhaps ‘cos Solaris Dutamas is new to the neighbourhood and not done up as yet , it exudes a somewhat creepy vibe especially around the parking lot and on the escalators up. It took me awhile to locate the café and to my utter dismay just as I sat down and fixing my order in my brain, the waiter comes to tell me that their chef of the next shift is running late and the chef of the previous shift had already left! Basically if I wanted food, I had to wait for the chef to arrive and then for the oven and cooker to get warmed up before I could get a bite to eat. F*ck. It’s not, like, this is some kinda Michelin 5-star restaurant where I should wait for the chef. I left. As I drove out I decided I‘d not waste the fact that I just paid RM1 toll fee and get my breakfast elsewhere. The next place I knew that served Big Breakfasts was Bijou. And so into my car I hopped and jetted towards Bijou. As I entered the café the waiter nonchalantly announces that they were not opened yet and that it is only on weekends that they serve breakfast. F*ck again. WTF is happening to the perfect birthday?? I decided to skip breakfast and go straight to my IPL appointment. It’s been 4 months since my last appointment and I’m reminded of my tardy follow-up by the abso-f*cking-lutely painful zaps of the infra-red gun. Well at least I’ll have hairless fuss-free underarms by the time I get it all done. I go over to Wondermilk to buy cuppacakes for people at work after circling the area thrice finding for a parking lot… (I didn’t get any in the end and just double-parked! Why did I even bother searching for parking in Uptown DU??). I returned home doleful and ate a 2-days-old Wendy’s Caesar Salad in the fridge. And got a wee bit of diarrhea after that. Sigh. That day the house received a guest that lies low in my ‘like’ hierarchy and I’ve got to put up a ostentatious grin as if the person’s presence is an amazing surprise. Oh bother. Then I went to have a quick look at a wedding gown tailor’s boutique that turned out to be closed when I got there. Dinner was a simple everyday fare and that’s all I have to say about that.

I had abit of waterworks moment in between. Guy came home early from work to help with setting up the house. He watched me cry for nuts and is puzzled as to why I’m feeling down. I don’t know. Maybe I’m just sad that I’m turning 30 soon. I don’t know if it’s even a valid reason to justify the sorrow but something is a lil’ wrong… I just cannot figure out the source. It could be a mesh of pressure at work, financials (what with the wedding and the new place coming on), making the house our home, getting the wedding details down, being a daughter, being a wife, being a friend, being a sister… I don’t know. Just seem abit much today.

Guess we could say happy un-birthday to me?

4 comments:

Fatham. Use your imagination said...

Aw don't be sad!! Everyone is bound to feel down once in a while, and you're completely entitled to have your "hippo time" (quoted from my husband). You've been doing so much work and worrying about too much lately, I think it's a delayed reaction and is hitting you hard now.

Cry your heart out and then eat a big cake, you deserve it!

Take care!! xoxo

amiza_yul said...

happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi shelby... first of all happy birthday! i hope things gotten better after that day! :)

ive stumbled on your blog and was reading some of your older entries, and was attracted to the taiwan trip in particular.. i was wondering if i could get some details of that trip!

looking forward to hear from you.

xoxo
jacinta

shelbybaby said...

fatham: wanting to drown in hippo time but reality caught up with me and it's crunch time to the wedding... dear oh dear. i'll take that 3-tier red velvet now!

amiza: thank you babydoll!!

jacinta: sure it's of no problem... email me your ques and i'll see if i can be of help k babydoll

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...