Tuesday, September 01, 2009

cute eats: tea at drawing room, carcosa seri negara

Who says great English afternoon teas don't happen in KL?

One of the best tea room experience is a secret yummy knowledge shared by nosy tai-tais, deprived datins and cocky expats. Well I'll be damned. I ain't no tai-tai, I am no datin and I'm a born, bred Malaysian but I bloody well deserve to tea there too!! And so I did. Tee-hee! You know how I am when it comes to breaking down the barriers between the snooty haves and the curious have-nots. Why should we allow ourselves to continually wonder or be in awe of precious things? Just 'cos a Tiffany Celebration Ring is crazy expensive doesn't mean you can't save, walk in triumphantly one Shelbulous day, and get a nice silver sterling one (embossed with T + Co of course *wink*)! I'm ranting.. so anyways tea!!

I admit Carcosa Seri Negara is daunting. If you can ignore its snooty air and merciless exclusivity.. it is, undoubtly, simply lovely and regal. The drive up the winding singular lane can be a little challenging (I'm easily paranoid) but as you pull into the hotel premises you cannot help but marvel at this colonial beauty.


Tea takes place from 15:00 to 18:00, it can be quite silent just before those times so do not fear that they're closed (as I did: yea typical dunce moment for me). Come late afternoon and it really starts to bustle with hip parents and chatterbox socialites. You even got to wait for a place at times.




So enchanting hor? It just screams SCONES WITH THE QUEEN!!I am so in love with this place...



Using Bone China beats regular porcelain any day! Tea just tastes lovelier on traditional English Rose dining ware, don't you think? I even lifted my pinky involuntarily... I so am gonna place short-cut stems into antique sugar bowls from now on.

Sheltactular display!! OMG I super love everything!! I don't think people normally finish their food but I finished everytg!! I guess that's why I can't ever be a stick insect.. darn.


Lemongrass tea. Or was it Rosehip. Well both are brilliant anywho! A cup of euphoria please...


Carcosa Seri Negara
Taman Tasik Perdana
Persiaran Mahameru
50480 Kuala Lumpur



Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review. The views expressed in this blog are based on the blogger's personal opinions, thoughts and impressions. The material on this blog may not be used, reprinted, or published without the blogger's consent. Merci!


3 comments:

Ellie (Hui Shien) said...

Yohhh!!! You been to carcosa!!! Did you visit their garden? I hv been dreaming of having a garden wedding at Carcosa!their afternoon tea must b great yea..I can feel it frm your blog.:)

Cindy Khor said...

this, is only what i get to see in movies (sex and the city and stuff). you know, delicate cakes and delectable snacks on layers of tray (is that what they call it??)and those floral tea cups..

shelbybaby said...

Ellie: yes yes i did visit their gardens with a different agenda.. not for tea *wink wink* it really is a pretty place. you must go.

Cindy: we don't have many places that serves afternoon tea with fine china but i do believe there are afew places hidden in the corners of kl just waiting to be discovered. also mostly people are just too afraid to visit such places 'cos they feel unworthy. f*ck the snobbish! we're worth it! yeayyy for tea...!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...