Sunday, February 08, 2009

dubia ad bonam

(msg)
Miss MasMas’ husband: Shelby, wt is ur ful name. I wud like introduce u wif …. [let’s call him Guy-Nouveau] Aged 30++
moi:

I’m actually quite amused because hooking me up has now come to be a family activity. It’s not just my friends who are getting busy finding me a companion but their husbands are now joining in the hunt as well. It’s crazy!

So.. me and Guy-Nouveau are currently in contact. It’s going at a faster pace than what I’m used to but… I suppose the overwhelming attention is quite flattering and it’s nice to have response (almost instantaneous most of the time which is endearing). So what about McFriend? We’re good friends. Like I’ve rehearsed a thousand and one times before… we’re friends (who *cough* hold hands *cough*). I’m not attached to anyone. I’m allowed to go out with as many potential suitors possible. It’s only if I’m promised to a person that flirting around becomes a crime. Apart from that, Sir Snail, an old crush who is recently coming back into the picture, isn’t exactly picking up his pace (again!). I will not tolerate another round of shuffle-pace chase. I’m done sitting, waiting, wishing.


Must I always be waiting waiting on you?
Must I always be playing playing the fool?
.
... Sitting, Waiting, Wishing, Jack Johnson ...

Guy-Nouveau is 36 years old. I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to cope with the 8 year age gap. OK, male mentality in comparison to female’s is AGE – 2 YEARS, in his case he’s really actually ’34 years old’.. but I’m also pretty juvenile a person which pretty much brings us back to the original age gap. It’s definitely weird and difficult getting to know a new person from absolute scratch… but I think we’re coping OK. So far he’s proving to be quite an agreeable company. And we’re slowly progressing from mobile msgs to calls. Also we’re due to meet in the near future. This is the elderly, more realistic (some could call pathetic.. keke) version of IRC (whoah blast from the past y’all) kua I suppose. Guy-Nouveau wakes me up every morning. I’m thinking: don’t the dude sleep?? Isn’t it a pain to wake up in the wee hours in the morning to send a msg? Yea OK so Guy-Nouveau’s job has trained him to be a well-disciplined alarm clock which quite explains his almost superhuman abilities to spontaneously get up at impossible hours beyond normal waking period… still you gotta admire the effort. It’s ultimately quite umm.. sweet *smirk*

Everyone’s curious to know the prognosis of this circumstance. The answer is: I don’t know. I don’t know about Guy-Nouveau. I don’t know about McFriend. I don’t know about Sir Snail. I don’t know about… *sigh* I really don’t know OK. Until now all I have around me are supporting actors. Nobody has stepped up to claim me… what I want is The Actor. The Man. The freaking Oscar winner! Come get me already…







P.S: Never in my life have I ever been this spoilt for choice. It’s a very unusual feeling.

5 comments:

Jayce said...

Age is not an issue. Just make sure that both of us have common interest. ^_^

renaye said...

wow. luckily no one in my family pressures me to get bf or hook me up! i'm free to be single and not available!

WoMbOk™♂ said...

lucky you ;)

cindy khor said...

Its kinda hard to find the perfect guy.. But waiting only is not going to get us anywhere... So step on it gal, I know you can do it... And finding your true love really takes patience and practice... Will always support you...

And I'm presenting you a "Seksi Blog Award" cuz i think you deserve it.

shelbybaby said...

jayce: next problem, no common interests.. how??

renaye: wahaha single and NOT available. that is good! my family ain't pressurin' me either, it's my friends who do but i guess i could consider them family: my urban family :)

wombok: go me!! go me!! go me!!

cindykhor: *accept seksi blog award* oh-so-graciously and gives academy award wave. yea i just finally realized it's hard to not only find but also choose a guy to compliment you as a person. it's something i'm starting to learn now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...