Thursday, January 15, 2009

my many days of xmas '08

(very, very late entry)


This is so belated I can’t even imagine my excuse. Ya ampun.

Pre-Xmas

Ah Seng whipped up a festive surprise which was really a berry sweet!



Ah Seng's version of halal Blue Lagoon.




… with Steawbeeries. You definitely can’t get those in KL for sure!




Ah Seng's earnest attempt of an X'mas ambience. Umm...



This is Ah Seng on an X'mas culinary high: Voila!! Steawbeery Blue Lagoons and chocolate wantons. Ah Seng got so excited and left the stove on. Next thing we knew the room fogged up with burnt chocolate smoke :P




(conversation)
Ah Seng: Can I open my present now pleaseeee??
moi: It’s not even X’mas!
Ah Seng: You mean I gotta wait all the way to X’mas??
moi: Well that’s the tradition innit?!

I had to relent ‘cos he looked at me with the most keh-lian look ever. It was amusing seeing a 27-year umm.. man getting excited over unwrapping a gift.


Xmas Eve
.
.
Oooh gift-exchange session: my favourite time of the year!! *beams* Sifu David Tutera would be so so proud. So proud! I really outdid myself this year. Take a load of the gingerbread man – candy cane combo. I really ought wrapped a gift for myself!





We were so so late…we missed our table reservations and had to settle for a garden space but that turned out to be pretty cosy.



The wine selection there is excellent. Only RM15 per glass for really good table white. Needless to say we had a lot!


.
Damansara Height
No. 6, Lorong Dungun
Damansara Height
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2093 0708

Xmas Countdown


We headed to Quattro, the supposedly new hip 4-seasons club, to give our old bones abit of a rattle!



We got really fun party packs with clapping rattles and blinking blue (LED) shot glass chains.



L-R: Ah Yin, Santarina moi

L-R: Santarina moi, Miss TanTan, Miss BellaBella





Spirit of X’mas Past



Spirit of X’mas Present



Spirit of X’mas Future



Spirit of X’mas of Parallel Dimensions





I like that we get to see the face of KL city from inside. I can’t really conclude if I liked the club or not. I don’t think I picked a god time worthy of evaluation. It was too crowded, it being X’mas and all, too young and too umm… Ah Beng (if that’s even an adjective). But Miss ChewChew claims it’s really quite good on a normal Friday night. I’ll try it then and will let you know.
.
.
Lot G4, G5, G6 @ Ground Floor + Lot M8A, M9 @ Mezzanine Floor
Avenue K
156 Jalan Ampang
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2166 6566
.
.
Xmas Day


We don’t have an X’mas tree. We have an X’mas wreath!! Weee!! Look what Santa laid out for us. So fun right??



Dddy had to dash off somewhere for a club meeting so I brought the family for a nice breakfast at Marmalade. Sophiekins had poached eggs which are really:
.
Wikipedia: A poached egg is an egg that has been cooked by poaching, that is, in water. No oil or fat is used in its preparation. Poached eggs are used in Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine.
.
I seriously never knew! Poached eggs are super cutes!!

Marmalade Cafe
1F-18, 1st Floor, Bangsar Village 2
Jalan Telawi 2
Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 2282 8301

Xmas Night Dinner

ME LOVES CAFE CAFE!

Hidden in a nook of the city surrounded by lush greens, it really felt, even though very briefly, like I was clickety-clacking my French (OK I’m lying: Italian really) heels into a chic Parisian restaurant.



I had reserved a table before hand and their selection was magnefique. A quaint table by the window… c’est bonne!!





Price is steep but it’s such a brilliant place with excellent interiors. They really kept it as authentic as they could. The rustic French tables and chandeliers. I got prohibited from taking pictures after that but their foie gras: divine!



I did though take a picture of our chocolate cake which I added carvings of our family names. Cute rite? It’s like the Kho family cake.


Now if you’re thinking of taking your date / girlfriend / fiancée / wife (no slutty concubines allowed) to a lovely French restaurant so that she’ll absolutely fall in love with you (or again for that matter) this is the place! Even the parentals thought the food was really really good. And these are the people who thinks good food are either Chinese or Kelantanese and occasionally mamak!


175 Jalan Maharajalela
50150 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +60321458141

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...