Wednesday, January 07, 2009

how i like it

(late entry: 2008)

(conversation on The Hills, Season 02)
Brody Jenner:
Well.. you’ve no shows tomorrow night, right?
Lauren Conrad: No, I don’t have any shows tomorrow night. [when a girl answers a boy’s question in full sentence in response to his question it means she likey-likey him]
Brody Jenner: I’m picking you up. We’re going out. We’re gonna have fun.
Lauren Conrad: OK *sheepishly*
Brody Jenner: So it’s a date.
Lauren Conrad: OK, great.


This is exactly how I like to be asked out. Mr Orange used to do this very pleasantly during the good ole times. I said use-d. Past tense.

Man it’s been quite awhile since I went dating. The last was… early in the year I think. And this year is almost over! It’s been almost half a year since I went out on a date. Crap. I didn’t notice. This is not good. I’m just kinda tired of getting to know new people… I’m fed up of learning and having to get used to new quirks. Either I want to spend time with a person I can yabber to on autopilot or someone who I could potentially see the big M-word with. Other than that I really cannot be bothered.

(cont… 2009)

“I hate it when a guy doesn't get the tab
And I have to pull my money out and that looks bad…”

… The Best Damn Thing, Avril Lavigne …

Been going out with McFriend quite abit recently. I say going out because it literally is going out. When I say going out it’s because I pay for my own meals and ticket. Perhaps I’ve been pampered by all the men around me all this while as I hardly needed to place a penny if it comes to food. It’s not like I hate to pay… I’m very cool with it, I just find it odd that I got to especially if it's not like we eat with each other everyday. I am not banging on some French fine dining or lobster cuisine. If finances are tight I’m well accustomed to have mamak or McDonalds. Even my regular male colleagues get my nasi kandar tab in TI on Fridays. OK I am rereading this passage and I know I sound like a badly-behaved princess but I’ve raised this issue long ago with Miss CillaCilla and even her male friends get the bill most of the time. Ah Choy never fails in this department. The best part about it is that he never makes me feel uncomfortable about not paying. For that I lurves him. Boys who get tabs are sweet. It reflects on their integrity and how their daddy brought them up to be good female protectors. When boys get my meals I get a surge of rainbow glee kinda happy. It’s nice to be taken care of.

Now... for an Edward Cullen kinda guy to pull a Brody Jenner on me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...