Tuesday, January 20, 2009

bon yum-yum: la cocina / rakuzen

(very late entry)


I was looking for an alternative place to satisfy my paella whim when Dddy pointed out a new Spanish place in town. Turns out it wasn’t really all that new but I figured I’d give it a try ‘cos La Bodega can’t be, like, the only place for tapas rite?? Called Miss ChewChew to bring her loverboy Ah Tric along so I could finally meet him in person. He’s a darling and we spent the entire night having tech talk.


This goat cheese starter is DA BOMB. I ordered this twice!



I ordered the wrong paella! I didn’t read it right and ordered it squid-inked. Crap. I like my paella saffron like a pile of hay on fire! Stupid stupid stupid me.






The food is OK. Average really. A lil’ too far into Taipan for 2nd visit worthy.
.
La Cocina
No. 38, Jalan USJ 9/5P
Taipan Business Centre
47620 Subang Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: +603-8023 2395


Brief detour:
Was browsing through Plaza Damas' X'mas market and found...

OMG. Hello Kitty fishing game! 2 of my favourite elements combined :)



Isn’t this cuh-razy? A Barbie doctor’s set! There’s even a pink plastic kidney dish. Cute!


Another good Jap place you need reservation for is:

RakuZen..!!



They even serve puffer-fish (blowfish) sashimi.
.
Now… puffer-fish sashimi is no Kellogg’s cornflakes. It takes a really skilled sashimi chef to prepare the puffer-fish in such a way that the poison from it’s ‘thorns’ does not contaminate the meat enough to kill the eater yet just enough to provide the kick (in the form of tongue numbing). It’s quite a challenge really.. putting your life on the line over sashimi. Miss BellaBella and I were this close to sharing a plate but we figured ‘twas abit too expensive. Really, we were just too chicken. Death by raw fish ain’t the way to die… yet!
.
One thing I realized… the place has mirrors everywhere..!
.
.
.
At the sides..



On top..



Whoah yeah on top! Kinky Japanese people and their restaurants :P Me likes *giggle*




I ordered the Nabeyaki Udon to Temaki Zen set. Very taiii… RM38 for the whole lot. Oishi..!!


RakuZen
Lot P17, Plaza Ground Floor
Hartamas Shopping Centre (Plaza Damas)
60, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-62012060

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...