Sunday, December 14, 2008

bon yumyum: fong lye / theobrama chocolate lounge / daorea korean bbq

Brought the parental units for some almost-instant Cina food at Fong Lye's. Miss YinYin first took me there early in the year. I kind of forgot that place existed until Dddy told me to suggest a place to eat in MidValley Gardens. Figured they couldn't really tolerate non-Chinese food and *PING* Fong Lye was the answer to our dining woes.





Never knew Fong Lye was a Taiwanese place 'cos it sounds so Canton, non?




You can have tea-for-2 in their quintessentially Chinese teacups. So cute..




I had the seafood steamboat set. Damn taii man.. You get seafood + soup + fried veg/chicken dish + side dishes + rice with minced meat.






Parentals opt for black chicken dish + soup + minced meat rice + side dishes. Also very very taiii. PLC (Peng Leng Cheng) alert!! I always order the sweet potato balls. Reminds me of Indon.






*giggle*




One thing 'bout human beings... at any place where there's some kinda bowl or water container (fountain, perigi, pool) confirm some ding-dong (*ahem* like myself sometimes) will throw in a coin or 2. It's like instant kachingko makers!! I am going to put a bowl of water at my room entrance and get rich!!



Fong Lye Taiwan Restaurant
Lot T208, 3rd Floor
The Gardens
Mid Valley City
Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 03- 2282 8699




Ayo tis place is Sin City Cafe. A minute on my lips and eons on my hips. Oh the misery of momentary glee! Everyone can't take the rich, thick, overwhelming explosion on the palate but I thrive in experiences like these. Everyone else coughed and sputtered at the creamy texture but I smacked my lips in joy.



I only order my hot chocolate like this. No candle no kick!




Watching myself savour the splendour slowly is sending my salivary glands on production overdrive. Yes, I'm very visual a person.




I'm such a messy eater and my Vuitton Speedy really paid a price for it. I dripped a good amount of cacao on the zipper amidst my gelojoh antics and now I don't know how to get the stain off. Please help!


Theobroma Chocolate Lounge
Lot FK3, First Floor
Highstreet
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Petaling Jaya
Tel : 03 - 7725 0623




My urban kin and I met up for dinner one day. We went for Korean.









Love 'em dangling pipes.




I always prefer to sit in the hole. Makes me feel like I'm grilling pork in Cheju island :)




Complimentory condiments makes it so taiii (worth it). I'm all about taiii nowadays.




Can't have Korean without the spicy soup.




Their meats are tender and juicy. I was never a big Korean BBQ fan but I'm a convert now.







Miss ChongChong just had to order a bottle of soju on the week I go on detox. I resisted well but pancit nonetheless. I've never had soju before.. only seen it on Korean soap operas. All I know about it is them Koreans make this throaty "khhhh" after downing a shot which makes it look scary. But how come when I drank it I don't feel the urge to go "khhh.."??


Do you "khhh.." when you drink soju??



DAORAE GARDEN
No.9, 1st Floor, Plaza Crystal Ville Center
Jalan 23/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-6203-2616

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...