Saturday, November 08, 2008

shelbybaby go bali day 01

So why the hush-hush secret and all?

I needed to breakaway. From everything.

Initially the plan was to go in a big party of 7 (or more)... but with people comes compromise and lots and lots of schedule synchronization which I absolutely detested! I almost needed another holiday to recover from planning one :P

Being the solitude-loving person that I am, I decided to "Ayia heck it all! I go myself!". With that everything just became so darn easy 'cos I could stay where I want to stay, eat where I want to eat and most importantly do the things that I want to do: nothing! Bali became a tailor-made holiday just for me! I really wanted my OWN pool just like what Kinky Blue Fairy had at Bora Bora (yes I am an avid reader of her blog. I think she's brilliant!). But travelling sans company made it rather laborious trying to find a villa at approximately US$100 (it's all I could afford being alone and all) in Seminyak which offers personalized pools. Somehow or rather as I went through sites and sites of villas / hotels, I found one which was quite what I was looking for. My budget could only afford me a private spa pool which I presume to be like a jacuzzi or something but it was very close to having my OWN pool.

Another problem arose: they were fully occupied on my first day of stay. Ayo. So I figured I'd do a night at Kuta to see what the town had to offer. People used to tell me Kuta this and Kuta that. It has been a very very long-time desire of mine (and Miss KosKos) to stay at Hard Rock Hotel Bali. I had read about the novelty of staying in Hard Rock Hotel in a magazine about 6 years ago. It sounded so fun and hilarious. We used to plan imaginary trips there and make lists of things-to-buy as well as the surfing lessons we'd take up. My my the good ole young days :) I may not be thaaat young anymore but my spirit still is.. so as to satisfy my curiosity I booked my first night there-loh.



Yes, I flew that.

They were economy promo tickets but still not, like, super cheap or anything. Besides they were crappy timing - 15:00 afternoon, so it's sorta like a wasted day.. which also became an issue during the initial group hols business. But that timing was good for me 'cos I had just driven back from TI the night before and could use a longer resting time.

Did you know it's been 9 months since I left Bandung for good? When I was looking for my check-in counter at the departure signboard, my mind went on autopilot and I almost walked to the Bandung counter. Old trauma :)


It feels bizarre going to unchartered territories all by myself. Yet there's tingle of excitement out of anticipation as to get away from it all: work, social trigonometry, the departure of my favourite MO, supposed hate...



Got some kinda weird miscommunication with transportation and I ended up waiting for my overpriced ride (hotel transfer) for 30 bloody minutes! The driver wrote my name on a piece of paper in pink fluoroscent marker. Ayo.. how-lah to read?? Some more had to walk to the car lagi... not pick-up! WTF. Not really getting, like, super good vibe from HRHotel already..

The drive to the hotel seemed familiar. I really felt like I was back in Bandung-lor except there were tons of Mak Sallehs (Causasians) everywhere making it seem like an Asian Ayia Napa. I love it!


I dumped my things and headed to town. Was deciding to eat between...



Maccaroni Club
.
Maccaroni Club
Jalan Legian No. 52
Kuta
Bali 80361
Tel: +62 361 75 4662
Email:
maccaroni_trend@hotmail.com
Opens 09:00-02:00 daily


or Sky Garden. Chose this instead.
.
Jl Legian 61
Kuta
Bali 80361
Tel: +62 0361 756362
.

Sitting at a 10 pax seating area alone opposite a 10 pax crowd of angmohs is quite abit embarassing with a dash of liberation *wink* Basically Sky Garden's a lounge situated top most of the ESC food company. It overlooks the Legian street so you can sip your Mojito while watching life going by.



They make killer martinis. I had a Cranberry-Vanilla-Spice (with cinammon stick). Yum!



Black polka-dot dress: Forever21, faux snakeskin belt: half off at Aldo



I'm quite overdressed. Everyone looks like they just got back from the beach(!!) of which I'm sure they did. I can't wait to go to the beach!




Someone somewhere is trying to tell me something. Wahaha..!

Off to HRH for 'Girls Night Out'... in my next pose!

2 comments:

the cili padi doctor said...

hey ya...congrats on being chosen as the nuffnanger of the month!

wow,i'm so excited for u. so izzit gonna be a huge lift in ur quest to become a celebrity?

btw, wat a coincidence! I just came back from a trip to Yunnan China as well. see u in TI soon. :-P

shelbybaby said...

cilipadidr: wahaha was hoping for a huge lift but not realy-lah.. still it paves more path to celeb-hood so i have nothing but praises for nfng. thank you for d well wishes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...