Saturday, November 01, 2008

behold: i am nuffnang's NOVEMBER BLOGGER of the month


Be careful what you wish for
'Cause you just might get it
You just might get it
You just might get it
... When I Grow Up, The Pussycat Dolls ....



Remember this post...

Well, apparently dreams CAN come true and what I presumed was a funny yet futile attempt for the Blogger of the Month throne is now of reality!! Nuffnang contacted me middle last month regarding this issue and you cannot imagine how overwhelmed I was. I flipped through the past Bloggers of the Month and felt just a little bit small. Those people are the big guns of blog world and in comparison to them.. me just a small fish trying to fit in with the school of whales. Nevertheless I reminded myself that I'm Shelbulous and if I'm here it's very much because I quite rightly earned it. Yeayyy!! *hops in glee* One step closer to Blog Royalty... weeeee!!
So veteran babydolls, thank you thank you thank you for being such good supporters of my site. As many has said before, wouldn't be here without you! As for my nouveau visitors: welcome welcome.. tell your friends and come back again :)
Well here's my post now featured on the Nuffnang site: enjoy... *bisou*




Howdy-ho good people of the world!!










So you’re thinking… Shelby who?

And why oh why is this relatively nobody (soon-to-be-STAR) Nuffnang’s November blogger of the month??

The answer, hold your breath lovers, is because…







Shelbulous! McShelbulous!! Damn right I am :)



My Shelbulous site recently turned a good ripe ole age of 4. It did not occur to me that I have been 'writing' this long 'till my Medical Officer who found and read my site pointed out that fortunate fact. What started out as a silly juvenile homage to this rocker I once fancied has now metamorphosized into a celebration of myself and my journey through existence.






Yea yea, so I’m no blog social butterfly I admit. I don’t get invites to h-h-hot launches or kick-ass celebrity parties or have opportunities to dine in a million and one restaurants or cafes enough to rave / rant about them. Instead I am your regular McGeek doctor (previously medical student *ahem* yup, I recently graduated which makes me a newbie… but if I’m not counting so aren’t you). You know the one who peered between your legs to check out the funky growth between your thighs, who maybe delivered your baby




who maybe named your twins ...



who perhaps unearthed your neighbour’s daughter for a forensics exam



Yeah that bespectacled nerd in the white coat in your local hospital. That’s moi *giggles*




But hold up babydolls. Just ‘cos I’m perpetually oncall, hardly have weekends off and am close to not having a… life does NOT (and I am emphasizing on the NOT part) limit me from having the license to…


PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR!








Yup it’s hard to imagine that girl in the scrubs couture you met yesterday in the ward, you know…








the one who finally found a use for her Jurassic Park work helmet: reading light on pre-exam blackouts



actually speed-dates, gets her feet exfoliated by fishes, gets angry, find ways to be pretty, learns to bake macaroons in fact.. loves macaroons(!!), shops…


adores make-up…







hates starting work on mondays, loves Cuppacakes ...






has frighteningly hot friends…


visits 7-11 on an almost daily basis, has had her heart broken *cue for lonely sad song*…








has, as matter-of-factly, impeccable style…





occasionally wears a sari…




throws kick-ass parties *salute David Tutera salute*

wondered if 2006 was all about fixing broken corners of my life, once owned an Indian-Star tortoise, tried Mary Jane and failed…





FAT and forever on a diet yet finds solace in simple carbohydrates…




is a feature in The Star Weekender which could translates into C-list stardom or at least I’d like to think so… (hello?? did you NOT read my feature in The Star Weekender?? No?? It's OK I forgive you my friendly visitors from Uranus).




could be potentially related to Rudolph?




has newfound admiration for Bavarian beer…


loses friendships, fancies art, is still hopeful at finding love, is addicted to hair extensions, makes a brilliant tour guide, is a filial daughter, attends concerts, loves her daddy, is a closet fashion designer, is quite the princess and so forth and so forth and so forth…




I do so righteously believe that:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
We ask ourselves,
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.”

... Marianne Williamson ...



And that, lovely ladies and gentlemen, is why Shelbybaby is Nuffnang’s November Blogger of the Month. Weeeee!!

*bisou*





7 comments:

cindy khor said...

congrats...glad to hear tat

shelbybaby said...

cindy: thank you you so much for the support!!

AHMIKE said...

well done sister, don't forget me know? I remembered I commented on your blog before this. God bless =)

Crystalicious said...

*thumbs up* :)

shelbybaby said...

ah mike: me remembers! and you know what? ur lil prayer thoughts helped... see! thank you for the support.

crystalicious: weee!! *skips in glee*

Just Jasmine said...

Hey congratulations, nuffnang featured blogger: SHELBYBABY! :))

shelbybaby said...

just jas: merci beaucoup!! yeayyy!! *shakes her tailfeather*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...