Monday, October 27, 2008

my first cuppacakes show

Welcome to the whimsical wonderland of Cuppacakes : +wondermilk cafe!! Lots of happy art prints and kitschy wood-art.
.
.
Outside they had hip booths selling super stuff like Blok On! and cutesy dresses. This is Syamly, my good friend (OK lying: we're not good friends.. I just lurve his work so much I'm putting him in my good friend list) makes these amazing Lightbloks. And on that day he sold them for RM60 a piece! On a usual day they're RM80 (standard size). View them at Thesyemism.
.
.
This is Poet Stories. Miss TanTan dragged me by the hair to the acoustic corner 'cos they were serenading 'Lucky': Jason Mraz feat Colbie Caillat. And they did it so beautifully.
.
.

Moi and cuppacakes token... finally reaching the counter! By the time I figured I should take a picture of the pastry, all of it already landed in my digestive system, oops!
.
.

Miss TanTan gets into the sweet action too.
.
.

So cutes hor? Free cuppacakes ROCKS big time!!
.
.


Totally!! I spent the rest of the sweltering day looking about at all these pretty people in funky suits. Yes it's my mothership and I'm in awe being surrounded by all these styles. I work and live with umm... so much norm that it's a good breath of fresh air to just crawl out and have cocoa outside the bubble once in awhile.
.
.

We got free Mingo Mingo ice-cream too!! Shelbulous(!!) 'cos it was a really hot afternoon and it wasn't just me melting in the sun.
.
.

There were cuppacakes designing competition too! BIG FUN! I hadn't manage to sign up in time. Maybe next year...?
.
.

This bloke is the most comical of the lot! The fella's cuppacakes were umm.. abysmal(?) as Simon Cowell would kindly describe them :D Miss TanTan had to jab me in the sides with her ultra sharp elbow multiple times 'cos I laughed so freaking hard!! Eh he made one with stool-looking icing all over the sides. Funny lei!!
.
.

My favourite item / deco in the room. Fantastic job with the flags! Went home filled with cheer and joy. Wish every weekend was a Cuppacakes party day! There would be no need for painkillers and alcohol... just lots of sweet sugary love!
.
.

Dddy was super impressed with the Blok On! lightbloks, even made me tell Syamly that he's gonna be BIG one day, so I made Dddy one too. I do believe my attraction for kitsch and other useless-but-beautiful stuff comes from my old man. It's all in them genes y'all!!
.
.

This is mine!! Not as pink as I imagined it to be but I AM SO SO SO IN LURVEEE with it!! *skips in glee and merriment*
.
.
My souvenir from the great day. A tattoo to remind me of all things sunshine.
Can't wait for next year's show... till then *bisou*
.
.
.
.
.
P.S: I got a hater today: Read first hate post here. I guess I've arrived 'cos with fame comes haters, non?







2 comments:

Îmªñ ®Å§h€ëÐ said...

oh why, tht's me over there!

and my cupcakes were ugly too, cos i dont know how to use those damn icing thingys...oh well, we atleast got 4 more free cupcakes!

shelbybaby said...

Iman: wahaha!! jangan marah me for laughing at you ok :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...