Friday, August 22, 2008

bon yum-yum: nero teca

I've always wanted to go to Nero Teca. Ever since I saw pictures of it from Ah Yung's dining trip there. It just looks so pleasant and cosy. The place is fabulous-lah... a tad miniscule on space but so much fun nonetheless. I fell in love instantly. It's all I imagined and more. I bet many great dates have been witnessed in this rusticly chic restaurant. We were late for our reservation (wei to zoom back from Teluk Intan, creep into a frock and dash into the city takes time OK... I'm not Speedy Gonzales!) but we're lucky to still have scored a table almost immediately.


I lurrve their gargantuan wine glasses! Even more to drink with my dear..


The Nero Teca salad is divine.. food is excellent!




ME LIKES NERO TECA berry berry much! *grin*

Nero Teca
Ground floor, Somerset
8 Lorong Ceylon
50250 Kuala Lumpur
tel: +603-2070 0530


Miss ChongChong was worried there would be roadblocks since 'twas the week before puasa so we left KL early and headed to Jaya One. We decided to hang at Brussels Beer Cafe where Miss ChongChong's boyfriend was already at. Jaya One's a lil' quiet at night, non? At the bar a merry pink bottle caught my eye!
.
.
Girl is a lychee raspberry vodka / cognac for girls ONLY wor. How frivolous!!

It tastes breezy. Very much like a pink lychee martini. Yumm.

It started initially as a girl's night out and ended up a wild laugh-fest with some random people who approached us from the neighbouring table with enough humour to set Comedy Central on fire! I swear in the name of all things flossy-flossy I almost choked on my Hoegaarden White draught when one of them dudes enquired if Miss ChongChong was an Aussie-born Chinese...! *giggle* Funny-lah serious. I suppose from that moment onwards Miss ChongChong was obliged to maintain the accent. Then there's the great big issue of mysterious non-visual-able Datin Z! She's a made up imaginary girlfriend *guffaws* I can't believe everyone bought into the whole idea and played along!! Hern sporting neh... it's been quite awhile since I experienced such entertaining company. I almost didn't want to go home :)

Morning after, it suddenly dawned upon me I bloody gave my name cards out freely to random strangers last night and my home address is featured on it!! G*dd I'm such a moron! Ayo I can't believe I didn't take that into account. Let's hope they are nice decent people (who will not misuse such personal information) as perceived prior *fingers crossed*

Brussels Beer Cafe
L20G Block L, Jaya One
No 72A, Jalan Universiti
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: +603-7954 2000


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...