Thursday, September 11, 2008

once in a chynna blue mooncake

(late entry: 28.07.08)



I got excited to know that Chynna came up with a blue mooncake with Blueberry Cheese Feuillantine centre... sounds so extraordinary, non? What a taste revolution, presumably so. So I quickly noted this bizarre mix to Mmmy and instructed Dddy to drive us KL Hilton + wait patiently outside while we rushed in to get a box of gastronomic pizzazz ;D


While waiting for Mmmy and me to make our selection, Gustav hippity-hoppity around their Chinese Chess Mini Mooncakes. It's so luxurious... you literally get to EAT your opponent! This limited edition piece goes for RM268 a set. Umm, OK can't afford that yet.

So this is the Snow Skin Lotus Amaretto Paste with Blueberry Cheese Feuillantine centre. It's smaller than your regular mooncake which makes it a tad pricier than the rest but I easily get muak so to me the size is parfait. It's NOT as blue as it's made out to be in the ads... more turquoise but still very out-of-the-box for the mooncake skin genre.


Seriously. This is one of the BEST mooncakes I've ever tasted. Seriously. The lotus paste is damn "watt" (smooth) and for a person that is easily muak, as mentioned before, I could almost stuff the entire cake into my mouth. But of course since I'm a lady I would not, but instead daintily slip in lil' pieces rather quickly into my salivating pursed mouth. Ahaha.. Its caramel-esque centre with a hint of cheese and the blueberry combination is electrifying. Yummm... They go for RM13 a piece.


Hilton Kuala Lumpur
3 Jalan Stesen Sentral
50470 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-22642264

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...