Saturday, March 08, 2008

my first vote

I voted for the first time in my life today.

Abit clumsy at it too.

For those who are not registered voters, you can get yourself registered at the SPA office in Putrajaya as I did (when I went for my houseman interview) or just pop over to your nearest post office. I think you might be able to do it online too if I'm not mistaken. Go get registered-leh.. it takes approximately 3 months for everything to settle anyway.

I'm registered at Sekolah Rendah Bukit Lanjan Damansara Perdana. It was a feat waking up in the morning. I was in Passion 'till 03:30 with Ah Dra and the gang the very morning but I went really really slow on the drinks so not high at all. Sent Mmmy over to Taman Megah 'cos she is still registered there. Then I went to look for my school. Wah got lost! As usual, not surprising-lah... when can I ever find my way properly? Did manage to bump into an old man who just knew I was searching for my voting spot. I believe many have come before me asking for the same direction. He did a hand signal of a pangkah sign.. I nodded.. He pointed out.. I went.. and I FOUND.

First thing first present I.C. to the chicks in front of computers.
Then take a coupon thing that states which line you're supposed to be in. I was in line 3 which had almost NOBODY. I was the next person called in! Line 2 is so long I dunno why.
Next they find your name in a list and read it out aloud along with your I.C. number.
Subsequently they give you 2 ballots: Federal and ... and you go behind the booth to cross your Xs. Frankly I was actually a lil' jittery when it came to crossing it out. I actually went to ask the chick there how do I cross things out. OMG WTF I can be such a moron! It isn't that hard to vote.
Finally you fold your votes and drop them into the respective coloured boxes in front.

Finish! I was done with voting in like 20 minutes! Cepat right? Other people take an hour over-leh.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! It's a pretty cool feeling :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...