Friday, January 11, 2008

bangau oh bangau

Had to go to Putrajaya YET again to submit this and that. Malas ceuy! The place doesn't even have proper parking spaces. It's so frustrating 'cos I totally dunno where the heck to put my car for abit. City contoh konon.





The only thing that makes the journey tolerable is that I get to see storks on the way home!! I look forward to it everytime but they don't come out everyday so in a sense I catch them when I'm lucky. The really bizarre thing is they only hang out on a couple of the lampposts lining the road beside the Taman Wetland. It's only that road that they pick and those 2 lampposts that they want.




Wikipedia: Storks' size, serial monogamy, and faithfulness to an established nesting site contribute to their prominence in mythology and culture.




The Painted Stork, Mycteria leucocephala, is a large wading bird in the stork family Ciconiidae. It is a tropical species which breeds in Asia from India and Sri Lanka to southeast Asia. It is a resident breeder in lowland wetlands with trees. The large stick nest is built in a forest tree, and 2-5 eggs is a typical clutch.


The Painted Stork is a broad winged soaring bird. Like all storks, it flies with its neck outstretched.





The adult is a large bird, 95-100cm tall, mainly white with black flight feathers. The head is red, and the long downcurved bill is yellow. The tail and legs are pink, and there is dark barring on the breast. Juvenile birds are a duller version of the adult, generally browner and lacking the bright colours of the adult. The Painted Stork walks slowly and steadily in shallow waters or adjacent wet grassland seeking its prey, which, like that of most of its relatives, includes fish, frogs and large insects. It sweeps its head from side to side with its bill half open in water as it hunts for fish.

Really I like 'em 'cos they're PINK. All birds should be pink! OK no. I like canaries yellow and robins with their red chests but don't you think we'd actually love crows more if they were fuschia? Or those regular biasa-biasa birds if their were cotton candy pink in colour? Non? *giggles*

I'm in such a good mood. Ah Choy's gonna let me choose a gift for myself and the excitement is getting me all flustered... feel my spirit fluttering like a hummingbird. I LURVE GETTING PRESENTS!! I'm thinking either...
  • French boudoir chair for my room
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Dogeared jewellery
  • Anya Hindmarch purse
  • a dress from Coast
  • etc...

(msn)

moi: cant wait for you to come home-leh!!
Ah Choy: wahst a french boudoir
Ah Choy: just pick,k....
Ah Choy: dont wait until i come back then u intro all the things u want...and ask me to pick
moi: ayier must see ur budget also wat
moi: heehee i almost did that: list thing!! how u know? ahahahaha

Ah Choy: i dowan to c tat list
moi: :(
Ah Choy: hahahhaha
moi: i'll show u anyway
Ah Choy: c it after u pick
moi: keekee u know i'll show u despite!! ahahahaha BIG FUN!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...