Sunday, September 03, 2006

rose bush

I am starting to hate my hair.
I know I know I asked for the freaking layers and I DID ask for shorter. Yes. But still, it shouldn’t be THIIIIIS short and done THAAAAAT layered!! I’m a 2-legged shaggy dog. Now I’m reminded of why I do not get haircuts in Indon and why I still bring the big bucks to over-priced stylists like Ah Gibson in Peek-a-Boo. I hate my hair. It’s so short it’s… it’s… it’s so short *heaves heavy breath*.

I love my Brazilian though. It’s called Full Bikini wax here.

I’ve discovered something awfully great. It’s dry-cleaning delivered!! OMGGG this is absolute heaven. I can call and get people to come collect my grimy silk batik baju kurungs and period-stained Zara silk skirts and they’ll send it to me when they’re done. It comes of course with a great big price tag. I had to swallow that lump in my throat when the girl rang the number out. Still, quality can come with quantity and in this case quantity happens to be 149,500 rp. The place is called Hade Laundry and Dry-cleaning and they handle the clothes with International Standards *approving nod*. The most mystical thing is that I was actually looking for another dry-cleaning place and stumbled upon this one instead. I like it that they have got different systems for different sorta materials:

Drycleaning: wool blend suits / trousers, batik silk, silk dresses, etc…
Laundry: jeans, sotton shirts, blankets / comforters (down), towels, bedsheets, etc…
Wet Cleaning: delicate wedding gowns, party dresses, fine clothes / kebaya, etc…
Carpet care: all kinds of carpet
Leather & suede care: leather & suede jackets, leather slacks, ladies handbags, etc…

I read something really interesting by Jane Herman in Vogue USA September issue (yes the one with Kirsten Dunst as Marie Antoinette…SO VERY NICE!! I’m so proud to have this along with my naked Britney on the cover of August Harper’s Bazaar) regarding the matters of dry-cleaning:


“It is not really dry. It is very, very wet. The process is dubbed “dry” because compound cleaning solvents are used in lieu of water, which can shrink and stiffen fabrics like cashmere and silk. In most cases, when clothes are dry-cleaned they’re submerged in a liquid solvent and exposed to heat inside a huge industrial machine that can hold up to 100 pounds of clothes. Finally, steamed or pressed, each garment is draped on a wire hanger and packaged with tissue paper and a clear plastic casing.”



P.S: Kate Moss is featured in 7 glossy ads in Vogue USA chunky September issue : Dior, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, David Yurman, Versace, Longchamp, Stella McCartney. And they said she was losing jobs ‘cos of the whole rehab business and whatnot. Mana ada?? Banyak OK: seven!! Man she’s SO on the roll right now. She had better bulk up on fixed-deposits while it lasts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...