Thursday, June 08, 2006

bon yum-yum: the one with unagi

Decided to have sushi for lunch and where else but me FAVE: Sakae Sushi, The Curve. I love the whole digital-order bit. They make life so simple you know? *click click* Come :)

Ever since that F.R.I.E.N.D.S episode on unagi, I’ve never looked at the boredom eel in the same perspective. Sophiekins and I have a thing where we do the Ross bit every single time an unagi passes us on the belt. It’s pathetic but we never get tired of it. Cheap thrill!!

Ross: I studied ka-ra-tae for a long time and there's a concept you should really be familiar with. It's what the Japanese call Unagi.
Rachel: Isn't that a kind of sushi?
Ross: No, it's a concep...
Phoebe: Yeah, it is, it is. It's fresh water eel.
Ross: OK, maybe it means that too.
Rachel: Oh, I would kill for a salmon skin roll.


Ross: Unagi...I'm always aware.
Chandler: OK. Are you aware that Unagi is an eel?

Rachel: [To Ross, referring to his earlier statement] Aaaah. Salmon skin roll.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...