Sunday, January 01, 2006

right


Teman-ed Miss JoeJoe in the evening. She came over from Jatinangor to pass Miss EtEt some textbooks and me my 12-month visa letter. We went out for a late lunch with Miss IyanIyan (since she’s around) at that new Diner in Ciwalk. Caught up with a bit of Jatinangor gossip. Bought myself a bottle of wine.




Actually I had requested for the White Merlot but when I got home, I realized that the dumb chick packed in the wrong wine and I had to settle for the Shiraz Rose instead. Things like this happen to me TOO OFTEN too mention, so I didn’t get pissed off as I usually would and just let it pass. 2006 would be the year for letting things go and taking things with a stride perhaps (?).
So… 15 mins to countdown.
Everyone I know is having some form of a party. The hyped ones are probably out clubbing or at some happenin’ event somewhere. Even the dormant nobodies I know are gathered in a small get-together in Melaka or wherever else mundane to countdown the celebration.
I don’t feel too alone. I also don’t feel too sad. I just feel that it would have been nicer if I could be where my friends are at. I am 24 after all. What’s the point in being 24 if I’m not going to partayyy??
Anyways as the New Year messages trickled [notice I used the word trickle not pour] in, I starred into my portable Ferguson DVD player watching Mr & Mrs Smith. I’m really stale when it comes to movies. It’s actually pretty good. I figured the adaptation might suck ‘cos they usually do but this isn’t too bad. I like the dynamics of The Smiths’ relationship. Poured myself more wine and laughed to more corny movie humour.

“So this is the new year and I don’t feel any different
The clanking of crystal and explosion off in the distance
So this is the new year and I have no resolutions
It’s self-assigned penance for problems with easy solutions
So everybody put your best suit or dress on
Let’s make believe that we are wealthy for just this once
Lighting firecrackers off on the front lawn
As 30 dialogues bleed into one
I wish the world was flat like the old days
So I could travel just by folding the map
No more airplanes or speed-trains or freeways
There’d be no distance that could hold us back”

DCBC says it best. Happy New Year to me.

P.S: This is absolutely f*cking hilarious. iDog [everything ’s i-something nowadays… improves market value I suppose]. Basically you plug the thing into your iPod or whatever designated portable music player, it functions as a speaker whacamacalit and it dances to your songs and stuff. KAKAKA. Also, it has an emotion LED screen to show whether it’s happy or crappy. Crap-ass funny.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...