Monday, November 21, 2005

these are a few of my favourite things

"When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad..."

Let’s talk about a couple of awesome sh*t I brought back with me to Indon this trip.

First up is my Paul Frank / Andy Warhol: Lips purse. Once in awhile Mr Frank would do outta-this-world collaborations with some of the finest artsy icons of the planet. My personal favourites are the ones he did with Hello Kitty (absolutely wiped out, I’ve searched everywhere to no avail), Mark Ryden (I recently managed to score one of the last few purses in London this month), Scholl and just this summer: Andy Warhol (all hail guru of pop art!!). I am so proud to own this purse. Just looking at it gets me all squishy with glee.

Next up is my pink Scurvy watch. Now, if there’s one thing I take time to buy it’d be a watch. I hate wearing watches. Haven’t worn one since the Baby-G era (only wore it ‘cos of the c’est magnifique neon performances I score when I push on the ‘Light’ button). I just find it too clashy against other wrist accessories and who needs a watch when your mobile phone has a clock+alarm? Anyways, I had to get one ‘cos we’re required to wear watches with seconds hand for pulse counting purposes etc. I scouted the entire town for a suitable watch for myself. I wanted something discreet yet funky, NON-leather (‘cos I’m allergic to it) and something that would not compromise my personality. The moment I laid eyes on the Scurvy in the P Frank website, I knew it was THE watch. Thank goodness the London outlet stocked it. I know I won’t be hitting Tokyo / San Francisco anytime soon.

My motion eye sucks.
After some HEAVY shaking...

JEM and the Hologram T-shirt… great fabric too. Reminds me of those Saturday mornings when I’d creep out of bed hoping that RTM2 would be airing Jem and the Hologram instead of The Potato-head Family. Sometimes on their good days we’d get Jem, The Carebears and My Little Pony back-to-back!! Was a lil’ up market for a cheesy tee but I feel it was an investment well made. It’s a great shade of purple with the band’s tour list at the back. Got it in Urban Outfitters. They stock the best tacky crap ever!!

Kiehl’s Lavender Foaming-Relaxing Bath with Sea Salts and Aloe Vera. I just ran myself my first bath since I moved in this morning. Divine!!

L’Occitane :Lavender Liquid Soap handwash. Lavender posseses antibacterial properties while the shea butter combination gives it a more skin-friendly disposition. I just love the smell of my fingers after a handwash. I even bought the Linen spray to squirt my curtains before I leave every morning. Mmm…
LOVES IT!!
There's more. But I'm too lazy to yak.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...