Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"it's never too late, too late to stop, look, listen to your heart"

Harry is fortunate to have Hermione and Ron. You see even ‘The Chosen One’ cannot stand alone. Sometimes the emotional burden just cannot be carried on your own. Speaking of witches, Sophiekins went through a phase of wanting to be Wiccan back in early secondary school. She even had this friend, Kenny, who was gonna help her build a covent. Kenny and some other fella whose name I forgot. A covent comprises of 13 witch members which completes some equation and makes the group powerful ‘cos of their number. They are now complete to start doing chants and stuff. She was young and going through a rough phase in life and found comfort in Charmed and everything Salem while Kenny was going through a morbid phase and his wardrobe consisted of the colour black. He and that other friend had already started doing witch stuff, i.e. running around the kitchen pot and throwing herbs all around :D I was in Liverpool then and whenever I go home for the holidays she’d be rattling on about witch trivia. When she’s passionate about something she really gets into it. She corrected my mentality of witches being devilish and stuff. They were simply misunderstood [the Da Vinci code helped fill in the blank spaces]. I’d help her buy books of spells in Kinokuniya. My parents thought she was outta her mind but I found her really amusing. I promised to get her a real cauldron for her incantations during Christmas. Someone’s gotta be supportive during those awkward teenage phases. She even wanted a real witch broomstick but I told her I’d think about it. Unfortunately the interest didn’t last long with her Christian friends giving her a hard time and don’t even get me started about the school bullies. Also Dddy teased her that her I.C. / passport / other official documents would list her religion as Lain-lain and she wasn’t really too amused with that fact. Perhaps she grew up a little as well. I still ask about Kenny once in awhile. He was practically one of Sophie’s only few friends during high school. Quite the sweetheart.

Halloween is coming up. Miss PalnaPalna’s invited me to a S*bucks party where there’d be about 100 people there. It’d be a good opportunity to socialize. Something I haven’t come to master. But half of me also wanna go to London. I don’t know. Maybe I’d go to the UK myself without Mmmy so the trip needn’t be so long. But I wanna bring Mmmy ‘cos, well, I’d feel bad not bringing her along. But then again the schedule is so f*cked up now that I might not have the time to go. Was thinking of doing a personal Da Vinci Code tour. Wicked yah?!! Keekee :) Even thought of making a day’s tripper to Paris to do the whole Louvre bit. Can feel my insides tingling with excitement just thinking about it.

I’m feeling a little mellow. Dumbledore died today. The last bits of The Half-Blood Prince were pretty tragic stuff. I could feel my heart sink the moment Dumbledore started gulping down the potion to get to the locket.

Dumbledore: I don’t want… don’t make me…
Dumbledore: … don’t like… want to stop

Harry: You… you can’t stop, Professor. You’ve got to keep drinking, remember? You told me you had to keep drinking. Here…
Dumbledore: No… I don’t want to… I don’t want to… let me go…
Harry: It’s all right, Professor. It’s all right, I’m here
Dumbledore: Make it stop, make it stop
Harry: Yes… yes, this’ll make it stop (lie) [I feel so sad]

“Severus…”
The sound frightened Harry beyond anything he had experienced all evening. For the first time, Dumbledore was pleading. [tear]
Snape said nothing, but walked forwards and pushed Malfoy roughly out of the way. The three Death Eaters fell back without a word. Even the werewolf seemed cowed.
Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face.
“Severus… please”
Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore. [damn t*u!!]
“Avada Kedavra!”

Wahlau. I can’t believe J.K Rowling’s making kids read this. Anddd she used the word (horrors!!) SLUT in her text!! Whoah :X Anyway, returning to my first point, I know if I was a bloody 5-year-old Albus Dumbledore fan, I don’t know how I’d be able to endure this catastrophic paragraph. Wah Harry Potter plots are getting grimmer and grimmer. Things are definitely not looking up in the wizarding world and I don’t know if Harry is really prepared to face Voldemort ‘cos he’s only in his 6th year for starters and his personal tuition with Dumbledore were only trips down the Pensieve memory lane. He can’t be using Impedimenta / Stupefy / Petrificus Totalus / Expelliarmus / Crucio against Snape, apatah lagi Si Voldemort!! And I’m so afraid for him now that he’s gotta go hunt down the other 4 Horcruxes with the limited skills that he have. I absolutely love those Pensieve memory trips… sure explains a whole load about Tom Riddle Jr. Basically all villains come from the pretty much the same sort of background and raised themselves with the same sort of mentality-lah. I very much agree with what Dumbledore said when he told Harry that Voldemort MADE Harry the person that would be most dangerous to him. Actually quite kesian-lah Voldemort’s mother. I know it’s mighty wrong for me to think so but I really still think Snape is on Dumbledore’s side. Maybe Dumbledore made him swear to kill him should the situation requires so. But without Dumbledore, I can’t think of anyone else strong enough to hold the fort. I know Harry has a good potential to do so but Harry is still too brash and mentah. Maybe Snape’s a f*cker after all-lah. AYIA when’s the next book releasing wei?!!

Rowling did a good job with Half Blood Prince. She laid off the whole movie mentality and got back to much of her old style of writing. I really enjoyed this from the start till the end which has been awhile since the first 3 books. Damn kau page turner. Good good.

P.S: Aiya… Ginny and Harry. Not fun also. But anyways I’m not rooting for Cho anymore since Sophiekins didn’t get the movie part. Yes, she had wanted to audition for the part and she could’ve gotten it too but they weren’t gonna see international kids ‘cos of visa and stuff I suppose. Besides I heard that the girl who got Cho had her father invest a lump sum in the production. That oughta brighten her prospects of earning the part. Well, investment paid off but too bad, no significance after Goblet of Fire. Sophie should have gotten to play Cho. Even Miss KosKos thinks the Cho girl looks like a horse.

P.P.S: (msg)
Sophiekins
: Slut is an old eng word usd 4 'useless ppl' bk in child stories. N everyone swears it nwadys neway... [Wah interesting. There are times she's such a know-it-all that she blows me away :P]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...