Saturday, October 22, 2005

*Always Getting Over You: Angela Ammons* / just looking

"there's things i want
there's things i think i want
there's things i've had
there's things i wanna have"

It’s Breast Cancer Awareness in November and BCRF (Breast Cancer Research Foundation, U.S) has gone on an arm’s length with the label recruition: Burberry, Bobbi Brown, Hilfilger, Ralph Lauren (Pink Pony of 2004) just to name afew. Let’s talk bout BC merchandise ultimately ‘cos they’re pink and pretty (which makes them sell further and therefore the symbiosis relationship works). This year my favourite items on the bar are:

Burberry pink leather trench
Burberry pink wool scarf
Carolee charm bracelet
Clockwise from top L: Carolee Sentiments hinged bracelet, Casual Corner crystal ribbon tack pin, Eleni's Flower Awareness cookies, Casual Corner Awareness bracelet
"i'm just looking
it keeps me smiling..."
ME LIKES!!
Prime Minister Badawi’s wife, Datin Seri Endon, just passed away a couple of days ago after losing a battle with breast cancer. Bet they’ll make this agenda a big deal this year. They were showing a couple of nostalgic pics of her in the local newspaper and boy was she H-H-HOT when she was young. A real smokin’ babe!! Badawi really scored with her especially since her mum was Chinese so she had the whole Peranakan appeal going on. Mmmy’s starting her hormonal therapy soon. Aiii don’t know if the pros overweigh the cons in this matter. Hormonal therapy is known to increase the risk of breast cancer. Mmmy does not have history of breast cancer in the family but osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is no joke too ‘cos a weak hold on the bones would cause the vertebra to collapse leaving her with scoliosis. Paralysis.

“We are thrilled that the three major advances in breast cancer treatment were all the result of studies funded by BCRF. What better validation of the importance of our work than the dramatic impact that Herceptin, Avastin, and a low-fat diet are having in reducing the recurrence of breast cancer. We are gratified to be having such a significant impact on women’s lives, and the future is bright.” … Myra J. Biblowit (President) …
Those 3 advances in BC therapy are:
Herceptin in combination with chemotherapy had a 52 percent decrease in risk for breast cancer recurrence and a 33 percent decrease in risk of death when compared with women who received the same chemotherapy alone.

Avastin in combination with Taxol is effective in slowing the progress of untreated recurrent or metastasized breast tumors. Avastin is a monoclonal antibody that targets tumors through an anti-angiogenic effect, by starving them of the blood they need to grow.

Eating a low-fat diet reduced the risk of breast cancer recurrence by 20 percent over five years in post-menopausal women compared with women following a standard diet.

[I didn’t know that. Cool]

I was in on a Friday night while the whole world must have been out. At 11 pm I felt a sudden pang of isolation so I decided to get a drive-thru apple pie at McDonald’s to make myself feel better. Perhaps I should tell my mates I’m home… but I still can’t bring myself to socialize. Can’t believe I’m still scarred by the whole ‘clingy’ remark. I should absolutely move on by now. Bygones!! *sigh* Still cannot. Why am I such a weirdo??
Pierced my earlobes today. A more specific term would be re-pierced. I used to have a total of 5 holes on both my ears combined. 3 on my left and 2 on my right. Every teenager had to have at least 4 holes for the cool factor. And if you have the nerve to pierce through the ear cartilage then you’re definitely worth a little something. I had that on my left. Unfortunately all those cheap silver studs gave my ear horrible reactions. After laying off the jewellery, the wound healed (epithelization, fibroplasia, remodelling) = no more holes. F*ck. Didn’t quite bother with earrings till Swarovski and the fact Miss IyanIyan has been going on bout me being all butch without accessories. She’d be pleased to know I wear earrings now. I chose the amethyst ones as starters ‘cos the sparkling lilac bling-bling seems so flirty and vague. Lovely.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...